Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 1 percent to 75 units in August 2020 compared to August 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 66.67 percent to 1 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the CT4 on the low end and CT5 on the high end
- Cadillac CTS sales were flat at 1 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced indirectly by the CT5 on the low end
- Cadillac CT4 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac CT5 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 17.24 percent to 24 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales increased 44.44 percent to 39 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 37.5 percent to 10 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac does not market the CT6 in Mexico
During the first eight months of the 2020 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 43 percent to 404 units.
Sales Results - August 2020 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||AUG 2020 / AUG 2019||AUGUST 2020||AUGUST 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac Mexico sales registered a very slight decrease in August, selling only one unit less than during the same month in 2019. The slight decline does not break the luxury marque’s downward sales streak. In fact, it represents Cadillac’s tenth consecutive drop in sales volume in Mexico.
However, it’s worth noting that the 75 new vehicles sold by Cadillac in August is the highest it has registered so far this year in the Latin country, following historical lows during the second quarter due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This significant recovery in the brand’s sales volume was driven by a solid 44 percent increase registered by the XT4 crossover, Cadillac’s best-selling model in the Mexican market. In close succession to the Cadillac brand, the compact crossover posted its best sales figure thus far in 2020, with 39 deliveries.
Meanwhile, both the XT5 and Escalade were in the red after suffering notable double-digit drops. Neither the XT6, CT4 or CT5 have yet launched in Mexico.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in August 2019, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Third quarter 2020 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q3 2020 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac China sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales July 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales August 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales September 2020
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales July 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales August 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales September 2020