Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 3 percent to 76 units in August 2019 compared to August 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 66.67 percent to 3 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and will be replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 80 percent to 1 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5 on the low end and Cadillac CT6 on the high end
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 141.67 percent to 29 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales totaled 27 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 60 percent to 16 units
- Cadillac does not market the CT6 nor XTS in Mexico
During the first eight months of the 2019 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales increased 2 percent to 709 units.
Sales Results - August 2019 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||AUG 2019 / AUG 2018||AUGUST 2019||AUGUST 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac Mexico sales decreased slightly in August, posting a 2.56 percent contraction that represents the smallest fall that the brand has had thus far during the 2019 calendar year. August was also the fourth consecutive month of declining sales volumes. By comparison, the automotive luxury brand saw sales increase during each of the first four months of 2019. It’s because of these gains that Cadillac’s year-to-date sales results are positive.
It’s worth noting that the Escalade became the best-selling Cadillac model in Mexico last month, an unprecedented turn of events that’s the result of a combination factors.
First, the full-size luxury SUV was the only model that saw year-over-year sales volume growth, jumping a solid 21 percent in August. This contrasts with the huge drop of 60 percent of the XT5 as well as the relatively weak sales performance of the XT4, which was on its way to becoming Cadillac’s most popular model in Mexico. In fact, August was the compact crossover’s second-lowest monthly sales performance so far this year.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico August 2018 sales, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Third quarter 2019 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q3 2019 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac China sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q3 2019:
- Cadillac Mexico Q3 2019 sales results: