Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 36 percent to 155 units in August 2019 compared to August 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 66.67 percent to 8 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 70.8 percent to 33 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 42.86 percent to 12 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5 on the low end and Cadillac CT6 on the high end
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 41.38 percent to 41 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 10.91 percent to 61 units
- The Cadillac XTS and Escalade ESV are not offered in South Korea
In the first eight months of 2019, Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 2 percent to 1,205 units.
Sales Results - August 2019 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||AUG 2019 / AUG 2018||AUGUST 2019||AUGUST 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The Cadillac Society Take
The 36 percent decline in Cadillac South Korea sales during August represented the biggest monthly decline in the first eight months of 2019. This negative result contrasts sharply with the stellar sales performance in July, when Cadillac sales grew 37 percent to deliver their highest monthly sales result thus far in 2019.
The primary reason that Cadillac South Korea sales fell in August was the significant decrease in Cadillac CT6 sales. The large Cadillac sedan posted the worst sales performance of any Cadillac model in 2019, selling almost four times fewer units year-over-year. We believe that the circumstance is primarily caused by decreased availability of CT6 units in the Korean market.
On the other hand, the two utility vehicles currently marketed by Cadillac in South Korea posted healthy increases. Escalade sales grew 41 percent to 41 units, which allowed it to match its July sales figure. Meanwhile, the XT5 sold more units during August, although with a lower growth rate of nearly 11 percent. Both models show increases on a year-to-date bases, as does the now-discontinued CTS.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac South Korea sales in August 2018, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Third quarter 2019 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q3 2019 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac China sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q3 2019:
- Cadillac Mexico Q3 2019 sales results: