Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 30 percent to 132 units in September 2019 compared to September 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 90.91 percent to 2 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT4 and Cadillac CT5
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 68.75 percent to 30 units
- Cadillac CTS sale decreased 5 percent to 19 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5 on the low end and Cadillac CT6 on the high end
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 120 percent to 33 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 33.33 percent to 48 units
- The Cadillac XTS, Escalade ESV, and XT6 are not offered in South Korea
In the first nine months of 2019, Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 6 percent to 1,337 units.
Sales Results - September 2019 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||SEP 2019 / SEP 2018||SEPTEMBER 2019||SEPTEMBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac South Korea sales in September 2019 suffered the second-biggest decline so far this year, with the biggest decrease being the 36 percent drop in August. In addition, the 132 units sold last month also represent Cadillac’s second-worst performance of 2019, with the 123 units delivered in April being the worst thus far.
The negative performance is the result of sharp declines in the sales volume of the Cadillac ATS and CT6. The drop in CT6 sales particularly impacted Cadillac South Korea sales in September, as the model was the brand’s best seller in 2018 in the particular market. Meanwhile, sales of Cadillac’s two utilities registered healthy increases.
The Escalade once again saw noteworthy sales gains, maintaining a healthy growth since the local launch of the Sport Edition. Meanwhile, the XT5 sales saw double-digit gains, allowing it to continue as Cadillac’s best-seller for four consecutive months.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac South Korea sales in September 2018, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Third quarter 2019 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q3 2019 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac China sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q3 2019:
- Cadillac Mexico Q3 2019 sales results: