Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 4 percent to 82 units in July 2019 compared to July 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 60 percent to 2 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5 on the low end and Cadillac CT6 on the high end
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 61.54 percent to 21 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales totaled 42 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 62.22 percent to 17 units
- Cadillac does not market the CT6 nor XTS in Mexico
During the first seven months of the 2019 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales increased 3 percent to 633 units.
Sales Results - July 2019 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||JUL 2019 / JUL 2018||JULY 2019||JULY 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The Cadillac Society Take
The negative sales trajectory is related to a relatively weak product portfolio that Cadillac offers in Mexico, with the lineup made up of discontinued or older models on the one hand, or limited on the other hand (the Cadillac XT4 is offered only in the Premium Luxury trim level in the market).
Four of the five models that Cadillac offers in Mexico posted considerably fewer registrations in July 2019 compared to the same time frame a year ago. That was particularly the case for the XT5 – the luxury automaker’s best-selling model. Only the XT4 avoided posting a negative sales performance, and that was only because it was a new addition to the lineup that went on sale in November 2018. The compact crossover is now the brand’s best-selling model in the Mexican market.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico July 2018 sales, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Cadillac Mexico news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Third quarter 2019 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q3 2019 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac China sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q3 2019:
- Cadillac Mexico Q3 2019 sales results: