Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 19 percent to 79 units in June 2019 compared to June 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 66.67 percent to 1 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5
- Cadillac CTS sales were kept in 1 unit
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5 on the low end and Cadillac CT6 on the high end
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 56.52 percent to 20 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales totaled 45 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 74.47 percent to 12 units
- Cadillac does not market the CT6 nor the XTS in Mexico
During the first six months of the 2019 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales increased 4 percent to 551 units.
Sales Results - June 2019 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||JUN 2019 / JUN 2018||JUNE 2019||JUNE 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The Cadillac Society Take
The ongoing decline in Cadillac Mexico sales is the result of most of the brand’s offerings in the country either having been discontinued (ATS and CTS), outdated relative to the competition (XT5), or limited in availability.
For instance, the new Cadillac XT4 is only offered in the Premium Luxury version, and is not offered in the base Luxury model or the Sport variant. This has been the case since the compact crossover launched in Mexico last November.
We expect Cadillac Mexico sales to improve in the coming months with the arrival of the new all-new Cadillac XT6 and updated XT5, both of which will launch prior to to the end of 2019. In addition, we believe that the new Cadillac CT5 sedan will begin its Mexico-market launch in the beginning of 2020.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico June 2018 sales, except when noted