Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 24 percent to 100 units in September 2020 compared to September 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 sales totaled 11 units
- Cadillac CT5 sales totaled 26 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 26.67 percent to 22 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being indirectly replaced by the CT5 on the low end
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 30.3 percent to 23 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 79.17 percent to 10 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales totaled 8 units
During the first nine months of the 2020 calendar year, Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 26 percent to 986 units.
Sales Results - September 2020 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||SEP 2020 / SEP 2019||SEPTEMBER 2020||SEPTEMBER 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
For the fifth consecutive month, Cadillac South Korea sales declined once again in September. This additional negative performance further deepens the misfortunes of the luxury marque in the South Korean market, which has been severely impacted by the negative consequences associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, both in the local industry as well as in the logistics process for imported vehicles. As a result, Cadillac sales are notably lower for the first nine months of 2019.
Most evident are the multiple negative figures for the models on a year-over-year basis. However, the simultaneous debuts of the all-new Cadillac CT4 and CT5 in South Korea come as a surprise. During September, both sedans recorded their first sales in the Asian country with a small but noteworthy volume.
In fact, the CT5 immediately become Cadillac best-selling model in Korea in September, with 26 units delivered. Meanwhile, the CT4 sold more units than the XT5 and XT6 crossovers during its launch month.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac South Korea sales in September 2019, unless noted otherwise
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Third quarter 2020 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q3 2020 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac China sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales July 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales August 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales September 2020
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales Q3 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales July 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales August 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales September 2020