Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 44 percent to 114 units in November 2019 compared to November 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 72.17 percent to 32 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 31.25 percent to 22 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 54.55 percent to 17 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 53.57 percent to 43 units
- The Cadillac XTS and Escalade ESV are not offered in South Korea
In the first 11 months of 2019, Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 18 percent to 1,542 units.
Sales Results - November 2019 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||NOV 2019 / NOV 2018||NOVEMBER 2019||NOVEMBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The Cadillac Society Take
November marks the fourth consecutive month that Cadillac South Korea sales saw a decrease. In fact, last month’s results represent the second lowest monthly sales performance thus far in 2019, after the dramatic 65 percent decline in October 2019. Similarly, the 114 vehicles that Cadillac delivered in November represent the second-lowest sales figure of the year in the Asian market. The year-to-date sales maintain their negative trend since August, when they began to be notably lower than those registered in during the same time frame in 2018.
The negative performance in Cadillac South Korea sales in November is due to the widespread collapse in sedan sales, which declined from 164 vehicles delivered in November 2019 to only 54 units in November 2019. Most of the impacted was caused by the negative performance of the Cadillac CT6, which has been the luxury brand’s best-selling model in Korea last year. The systemic decline in CT6 sales volume in Korea is a direct consequence of Cadillac no longer offering the 2.0L LGT engine in the large sedan. The CT6 2.0T was the most popular configuration in South Korea.
Meanwhile, both the XT5 and the Escalade – the only Cadillac utilities that are currently on sale in the country – managed to post healthy increases in sales volumes. As we write this, there is still no official information about the arrival of the Cadillac XT4 and XT6 in South Korea, nor the XT5 refresh.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac South Korea sales in November 2018, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Fourth quarter 2019 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q4 2019 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac China sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q4 2019