Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 21 percent to 172 units in December 2019 compared to December 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 56.45 percent to 54 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 32.14 percent to 19 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 91.67 percent to 23 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 204 percent to 76 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- The Cadillac XTS and Escalade ESV are not offered in South Korea
In the complete 2019 calendar year, Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 18 percent to 1,714 units.
Sales Results - December 2019 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||DEC 2019 / DEC 2018||DECEMBER 2019||DECEMBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The Cadillac Society Take
Although December was the fifth consecutive month that Cadillac South Korea sales registered a decrease, the 21 percent figure last month represents the lowest of those falls. Similarly, the 172 vehicles that Cadillac delivered in the South Korean market in December show a marked improvement over previous months. However, the performance still did not prevent Cadillac sales from falling 18.4 percent during the complete 2019 calendar year compared to 2018.
Once again, the negative performance of Cadillac South Korea sales in December is due to the steep drop in sedan sales, caused by the discontinuation of the Cadillac ATS and CTS, along with the lower sales performance of the Cadillac CT6. By contrast, sales of the Cadillac XT5 and Escalade continued to improve with notable increases of 204 and 92 percent, respectively. This boom in Cadillac utilities in South Korea will be reinforced in 2020 with the official arrival of the XT5 refresh as well as the launch of the XT4 and XT6.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac South Korea sales in December 2018, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Fourth quarter 2019 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q4 2019 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac China sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q4 2019