Cadillac Mexico sales increased 11 percent to 107 units in October 2019 compared to October 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 60 percent to 2 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 43.33 percent to 34 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales totaled 46 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 25 percent to 25 units
- Cadillac does not market the CT6 nor XTS in Mexico
During the first ten months of the 2019 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales increased 5 percent to 903 units.
Sales Results - October 2019 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||OCT 2019 / OCT 2018||OCTOBER 2019||OCTOBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac Mexico sales in October managed to escape the ongoing negative trajectory experienced by Mexico’s automotive market, instead recording healthy double-digit increases. In fact, last month was the second time in 2019 that Cadillac sold more than 100 vehicles in Mexico, only second to the 131 deliveries recorded in April. These positive results also enable the year-to-date sales to be in the green, growing 5 percent over the first ten months in 2018.
The positive performance of Cadillac Mexico sales in October is primarily the result of overwhelmingly positive commercial performance of the XT4 and XT5 crossovers, both of which saw noteworthy developments for the 2020 model year in Mexico. For instance, the XT4 saw the addition of the Sport trim level while the XT5 saw the launch of the refreshed model. However, the 2020 model year vehicles were not available in Mexico during the timeframe in question.
No matter, as the XT4 compact luxury crossover matched the prior record of 46 units sold (in April). Meanwhile, the XT5 was the only Cadillac model to see an uptick in sales on an annual basis. The Cadillac Escalade suffered a sharp drop in sales volume, with deliveries falling to almost half of the units sold in October 2018.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in October 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Fourth quarter 2019 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q4 2019 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac China sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac Mexico Q3 2019 sales results
- Cadillac Mexico sales October 2019 (this page)
- Cadillac Mexico sales November 2019
- Cadillac Mexico sales December 2019