Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 65 percent to 91 units in October 2019 compared to October 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 96.77 percent to 1 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT4 and Cadillac CT5
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 76.52 percent to 31 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 52.78 percent to 17 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5 on the low end and Cadillac CT6 on the high end
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 38.46 percent to 8 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 27.66 percent to 34 units
- The Cadillac XTS and Escalade ESV are not offered in South Korea
In the first ten months of 2019, Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 15 percent to 1,428 units.
Sales Results - October 2019 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||OCT 2019 / OCT 2018||OCTOBER 2019||OCTOBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The Cadillac Society Take
The dramatic decline in Cadillac South Korea sales in October further accentuates the luxury automaker’s ongoing negative commercial performance in the Asian country, where it has now accumulated three consecutive months of declines. Last month’s result represents Cadillac’s worst performance of 2019, with the rate of decline of 65 percent and the lowest monthly figure of the year. In fact, October sales results represent the first time in the last two years that Cadillac South Korea sales have dipped below 100 units in the market.
All Cadillac models offered in South Korea have suffered significant declines in sales volume in October, resulting in the general decline. Cadillac’s sedan range was most affected, with the the CT6 suffering the highest drop in volume, after being the luxury automaker’s best-selling car in 2018. Meanwhile, the Escalade registered its worst sales performance, while the XT5 experienced the lowest drop, remaining the best-selling Cadillac in the country.
There’s currently no information on the arrival of the Cadillac XT4, XT6 or the refreshed-for-2020 XT5, nor the CT5 or CT4 to the South Korean market. The crossovers and all-new sedans stand the best chance to reverse the ongoing slump in Cadillac South Korea sales going forward.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac South Korea sales in October 2018, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Fourth quarter 2019 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q4 2019 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac China sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q4 2019