Cadillac sales in the United States increased 23 percent to 37,277 units during the first quarter of 2021.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 sales increased 6305.78 percent to 2,627 units
- Cadillac CT5 sales increased 45.8 percent to 4,374 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 75.13 percent to 9,842 units
- Escalade ESV sales are included in this line item
- Cadillac XT4 sales increased 5.66 percent to 5,454 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 2.77 percent to 8,773 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales increased 18.05 percent to 5,990 units
- The Cadillac CT6 has being discontinued
Sales Results - Q1 2021 - USA - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q1 2021 / Q1 2020||Q1 2021||Q1 2020|
The Cadillac Society Take
After ending the 2020 calendar year with a 17 percent contraction, U.S. Cadillac sales saw a remarkable double-digit increase during the first quarter of 2021. The results enabled the luxury marque to increase its market share by 1.1 percent while also delivering record first quarter ATPs of $58,550.
In fact, Q1 becomes the second consecutive quarter in which Cadillac has increased sales in its home market, following the 6 percent growth to 42,909 units in Q4 2020.
Five of the six models offered by Cadillac in the United States saw sales growth during the first quarter, with the only exception being the Cadillac XT5, which registered a slight contraction of 2.77 percent. The brand’s growth was driven by the all-new Cadillac Escalade, which not only achieved the biggest unit increase on an annual basis, but also became Cadillac’s best-selling model with a total of 9,842 deliveries. The iconic full-size SUV saw a 127 percent year-over-year increase in retail deliveries, boosting its segment share 8 percentage points higher than that of the closest competitor, according to JD Power data.
Other stand-out performers include the new Cadillac CT4, CT5 and XT6, which together totaled 4,876 units compared to the first quarter of 2020. In a press release, Cadillac states that retail sales of these next generation models were exceptionally strong during Q1 2021, which is a good indicator of the marque’s performance in the ever more competitive luxury vehicle space.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to U.S. Cadillac sales for Q1 2020, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Q1 2021 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q1 2021 USA (this page)
- Cadillac Canada sales Q1 2021
- Cadillac China sales Q1 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q1 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales January 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales February 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales March 2021
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q1 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales Q1 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales January 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales February 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales March 2021