Cadillac sales in the United States increased 6 percent to 42,909 units during the fourth quarter of 2020.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 92.77 percent to 6 units
- Cadillac CT4 sales totaled 2,721 units
- Cadillac CT5 sales increased 11844.66 percent to 5,135 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 93.63 percent to 145 units
- The vehicle is being discontinued
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 86.02 percent to 135 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 6.36 percent to 9,454 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 21.44 percent to 6,988 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 1.95 percent to 10,950 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales decreased 0.2 percent to 7,155 units
- Cadillac XTS sales decreased 79.29 percent to 220 units
During the complete 2020 calendar year, U.S. Cadillac sales decreased 17 percent to 129,495 units.
Sales Results - Q4 2020 - USA - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q4 2020 / Q4 2019||Q4 2020||Q4 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
After sharp declines for four consecutive quarters, U.S. Cadillac sales posted a healthy increase in the fourth quarter of 2020 with an outstanding performance. In fact, the 42,909 sales during Q4 represent the highest Cadillac has recorded in the U.S. market since Q4 2017, while also outperforming the luxury retail industry with its best Q4 share and retail sales since 2016. The last time the brand had registered positive figures was in the third quarter of 2019.
The strong performance of the luxury brand during the fourth quarter of 2020 was driven by the all-new Cadillac CT4, CT5 and Escalade, which contributed considerable additional volume, allowing the brand to substantially improve Cadillac’s business in its home market. In contrast, the rest of the models experienced decreases in Q4. The Cadillac XT4 was the model that lost the most volume year-over-year, while the new XT6 and the best-seller XT5 recorded slight drops.
However, the improvement during Q4 2020 was not enough to prevent the full calendar year results from being in the red, after sales were negatively affected during Q2 and Q3 by the COVID-19 pandemic.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to U.S. Cadillac sales for Q4 2019, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Fourth quarter 2020 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q4 2020 USA (this page)
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2020
- Cadillac China sales Q4 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q4 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales October 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales November 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales December 2020
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q4 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales Q4 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales October 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales November 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales December 2020