Cadillac sales in the United States decreased 15.8 percent to 30,325 units during the first quarter of 2020.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 91 percent to 47 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 60 percent to 966 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced indirectly by the Cadillac CT5
- Cadillac CT4 sales totaled 41 units
- Cadillac CT5 sales totaled 3,000 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 21 percent to 1,725 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 17.58 percent to 5,620 units
- That total includes Escalade and Escalade ESV sales
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 26.5 percent to 5,162 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 32 percent to 9,023 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales totaled 5,074 units
- Cadillac XTS sales decreased 87.3 percent to 473 units
Sales Results - Q1 2020 - USA - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q1 2020 / Q1 2019||Q1 2020||Q1 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
U.S. Cadillac sales fell during the first quarter of 2020 as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, resulting in Cadillac production being halted in the United States. It would appear that most Cadillac sales that took place during the first quarter of 2019 were from existing dealer inventories, thereby mitigating the impact that a lull in production will have in future weeks/months.
In general, it is believed that Cadillac lost between 20 and 25 selling days during March due to the COVID pandemic.
It’s also worth noting that the coronavirus will also delay the upcoming ultra high-performance variants of Cadillac’s new sedans – the CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing.
A few items of note during the first quarter include the very initial deliveries of the new Cadillac CT4 sedan. Meanwhile, the all-new CT5 Sedan saw 3,000 deliveries during the quarter.
In addition, the Cadillac XT6 crossover saw 5,074 deliveries during the quarter. The figure is lower than the 7,169 delivered during the fourth quarter of 2019, but still a relatively decent amount given the COVID-related constraints.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to U.S. Cadillac sales for Q1 2019, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- First quarter 2020 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q1 2020 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac China sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales January 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales February 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales March 2020