Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 50 percent to 72 units in February 2020 compared to February 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 61.54 percent to 25 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 76.47 percent to 4 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 41.67 percent to 14 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 21.21 percent to 26 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales totaled 3 units
- The Cadillac Escalade ESV is not offered in South Korea
During the first two months of the 2020 calendar year, Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 57 percent to 120 units.
Sales Results - February 2020 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||FEB 2020 / FEB 2019||FEBRUARY 2020||FEBRUARY 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
With the significant 50 percent decline in February, Cadillac sales have now accumulated seven consecutive months of decreases in South Korea. Combined with the dramatic decrease of 65 percent in January, which represented Cadillac’s lowest Korean registrations in recent years, the luxury brand’s sales volume during the first two months of the year fell to less than half of the result during the same time frame in 2019.
It’s worth noting that the negative performance seen during the first two months of the prior year (in 2019) was already depressed as a result of the luxury automaker discontinuing the Cadillac CT6 sedan with the turbocharged 2.0L engine, which was by far the most popular CT6 configuration, much like the CT6 was the most popular Cadillac model in South Korea.
The ongoing negative trend in Cadillac South Korea sales underlines just how badly Cadillac needs to begin selling its two newest crossover SUVs – the XT4 and XT6 – in the local Korean market. The XT4 has yet to launch in Korea as of this writing, despite being on sale in the U.S. for over a year, while the XT6 just went on sale in Korea during the trailing end of February.
Both models are built at U.S. plants and exported to Korea. However, given that the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic has brought Cadillac production to a halt, we don’t expect to see too many deliveries of any Cadillac vehicle, XT6 included. We also expect Cadillac sales to decrease as a result of COVID-19 in South Korea, as well as all other markets where Cadillac operates.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac South Korea February 2019 sales, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- First quarter 2020 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q1 2020 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac China sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales January 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales February 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales March 2020