Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 33 percent to 66 units in February 2020 compared to February 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CTS sales were flat at 2 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 50 percent to 17 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 6.45 percent to 29 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 40 percent to 18 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac does not market the CT6 in Mexico
- U.S. CT6 production ended in February 2020
During the first two months of the 2020 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 32 percent to 116 units.
Sales Results - February 2020 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||FEB 2020 / FEB 2019||FEBRUARY 2020||FEBRUARY 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac Mexico sales decreased significantly in February, suffering a 33 percent drop compared to the same month in 2019. The results represent the fourth consecutive month of decreases.
The 66 units sold in February represent the second-worst figure registered by the brand in recent years in Mexico, only behind the 50 vehicles delivered in January 2020
Unlike previous drops in sales volume, not a single Cadillac model saw sales increase in February. This applies to even the XT4, which has typically bucked the trend over the rest of the lineup. Even so, the compact crossover’s first decrease in sales volume Mexico did not prevent it from remaining the luxury automaker’s most popular vehicle. It also didn’t prevent sales volume in the first two months of the year from remaining positive.
We attribute the decline in Cadillac Mexico sales in February to two overarching factors:
- Limited inventory as a result of the UAW labor strike, which took place over the course of 40 days in the fourth quarter of 2019. The walkout resulted in dealers having significantly fewer models to sell, while also upsetting availability for the next several weeks.
- An economic slump in Mexico, which has resulted in many months of depressed auto sales. Cadillac has often not been impacted by this trend, but it could not escape the pattern in January and February.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in February 2019, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- First quarter 2020 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q1 2020 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac China sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales January 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales February 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales March 2020