Cadillac South Korea sales increased 4 percent to 158 units in March 2020 compared to March 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT6 sales increased 89.47 percent to 108 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 59.09 percent to 9 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 54.76 percent to 19 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales totaled 22 units
During the first three months of the 2020 calendar year, Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 36 percent to 278 units.
Sales Results - March 2020 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||MAR 2020 / MAR 2019||MARCH 2020||MARCH 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac South Korea sales finally increased in March, representing the first time the luxury automaker has posted a sales increase in over eight months.
Interestingly, the luxury brand improved its commercial performance in the South Korean market in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, a time during which most of the automobile industry is suffering significant drops in sales volume. But despite the growth in March deliveries, Cadillac’s first positive result was insufficient to prevent cumulative sales in the first quarter of the year from being significantly lower compared to the same period in 2019.
The increase last month is mainly due to the overwhelmingly positive performance of the Cadillac CT6, which sold nearly twice as many units in March, regaining its position as the best-selling Cadillac model in the Asian country. This contrasts with the trend seen in the past nine months, in which sales of the prestigious sedan plummeted after Cadillac discontinued the turbo-charged 2.0L model in the South Korean market. The CT6 2.0T was the most popular CT6 variant in South Korea by a significant margin.
In addition, the new Cadillac XT6 delivered 22 units during its first 15 days of being on sale in South Korea, following its local launch in mid-March. Meanwhile, sales of the remaining Cadillac product portfolio decreased significantly both during March and in the first three months of the year.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac South Korea sales in March 2019, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- First quarter 2020 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q1 2020 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac China sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales Q1 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales January 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales February 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales March 2020