Cadillac Canada sales decreased 9.6 percent to 2,562 units during the second quarter of 2020.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 92.93 percent to 1 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the Cadillac CT4 on the low end and Cadillac CT5 on the high end
- Cadillac CT4 sales totaled 25 units
- Cadillac CT5 sales totaled 212 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 27.06 percent to 35 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 81.83 percent to 16 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced indirectly by the new Cadillac CT5
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 40.48 percent to 250 units
- Cadillac Escalade ESV sales decreased 52.88 percent to 98 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 15.78 percent to 710 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 13.08 percent to 897 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales increased 30506.06 percent to 303 units
- Cadillac XTS sales decreased 91.67 percent to 15 units
During the first six months of the 2020 calendar year, Cadillac Canada sales decreased 17 percent to 4,592 units.
Sales Results - Q2 2020 - Canada - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q2 2020 / Q2 2019||Q2 2020||Q2 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac Canada sales experienced a less pronounced decline than expected in the second quarter of 2020 – right in the middle of the COVID-19 outbreak in North America. In fact, Cadillac Canada’s business performance during the quarter represents a healthy improvement compared to the 25 percent drop experienced during the first quarter of 2020, translating to a quarter-over-quarter gain of 532 vehicles. Furthermore, the contraction registered by the brand is also much smaller than the general decline experienced by the Canadian automotive market.
Although most of Cadillac models saw notable drops in sales volume, the improvement in Q1 2020 compared to the preceding quarter is thanks to a rebound in sales of utility vehicles. For instance, the XT6 three-row luxury crossover posted its best quarterly sales performance in Canada since launching in the market, with 303 deliveries.
Additionally, more widespread availability of the all-new Cadillac CT5 helped the vehicle attain 212 deliveries during its first full quarter of sales. What’s more, the Cadillac CT4 registered 25 deliveries during its first partial quarter on sale in the Canadian market.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Canada sales for Q2 2019, except if noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Second quarter 2020 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q2 2020 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac China sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales April 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales May 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales June 2020
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales April 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales May 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales June 2020
Cadillac Canada could have sold more if they were trying. I am shopping for a CT5-V since March, requested price quotes from three dealerships. Nobody is chasing me for business.
cadillax has lose what made it the car to have