Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 67 percent to 26 units in May 2020 compared to May 2019.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 59.09 percent to 9 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 74.29 percent to 9 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 50 percent to 8 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac does not market the CT6 in Mexico
During the first five months of the 2020 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 50 percent to 237 units.
Sales Results - May 2020 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||MAY 2020 / MAY 2019||MAY 2020||MAY 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac Mexico sales fell sharply again in May, further the negative impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on the luxury automaker’s business in the country. Although the 67 percent contraction recorded in May is less than the 79 percent drop in April, the 26 units delivered last month represent the new worst sales figure Cadillac has reported in recent decades in Mexico. The decline in May also represents the seventh consecutive double-digit drop in Cadillac Mexico sales.
Once again, all Cadillac models offered in the Mexican market show significant sales declines. The utilities registered practically the same sales levels, with the Escalade and XT4 each each delivering nine units and the XT5 delivered eight units. Among the three utility models offered, the XT4 compact crossover was the one that lost the most sales volume during the month. However, in the model remains Cadillac’s best-selling model in the first five months of the 2020 calendar year.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in May 2019, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Second quarter 2020 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q2 2020 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac China sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales April 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales May 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales June 2020
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales April 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales May 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales June 2020