Cadillac South Korea sales increased 12 percent to 138 units in April 2020 compared to April 2019.
Note that South Korea sales figures generally become available roughly 45 days after the close of the month.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT6 sales increased 123.26 percent to 96 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 85 percent to 3 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 33.33 percent to 12 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 67.65 percent to 11 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales totaled 16 units
- Cadillac ATS sales totaled zero units, as the vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced indirectly by the Cadillac CT4 and CT5
- Cadillac CT4 sales have not yet commenced in South Korea.
During the first fourth months of the 2020 calendar year, Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 25 percent to 416 units.
Sales Results - April 2020 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||APR 2020 / APR 2019||APRIL 2020||APRIL 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac South Korea sales increased in April, the second month of the global COVID-19 pandemic. The uptick in April sales volume marks the second consecutive monthly increase in sales volume for Cadillac in the South Korean market, following a 4 percent growth in March. In fact, the performance bucks the negative trend in South Korea’s luxury automobile sales, which have suffered significant declines due to the negative impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Cadillac South Korea’s sales gains in April were generated by a massive, 123 percent increase in Cadillac CT6 sales volume. As a result, the large sedan has regained its position as the brand’s best-selling model in the country for the second consecutive month. Ironically, production of the CT6 ended in February of this year.
In addition, the Cadillac XT6 also stands out for its sales performance. Though the three-row crossover recently launched in the South Korean market, it has quickly positioned itself as Cadillac’s most popular utility vehicle in the market during March and April.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac South Korea sales in April 2019, except if noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- First quarter 2020 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q2 2020 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac China sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales April 2020 (this page)
- Cadillac South Korea sales May 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales June 2020
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales April 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales May 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales June 2020