Home Β» Topics Β» Cadillac Forum Β» Cadillac Escalade Forum Β» 2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum

2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Participant

Hi again Amanda. To be honest, I have gotten conflicting comments about either keeping my 2021 in place as some dealers advised it does not automatically move to the 2022 model and some dealers said it does. In the end, I placed a brand new order yesterday for the 2022 as I was told my 2021 would not get built. I decided to do this as the majority of the dealers advised that unless Cadillac has officially accepted it into their system, it will not automatically move to the 2022 model. Mine was never officially accepted by Cadillac, thus I placed a brand new order. If your order has not officially been accepted by Cadillac, you most likely should consider a new order for the 2022. But for sure, make this decision sooner than later just to get back in the loop. Your dealer can tell you if Cadillac has accepted it or you can just ask your dealer for the order number and then you can go on line with Cadillac and find out. Like you said, one day it will happen for both of us – good luck!

Participant
    Participant

Hi again Amanda; Jeff from Pittsburgh. Not sure how matters have worked out on your end, but I just got some news. As I mentioned, I ordered my premium luxury in early February and after +32 weeks of broken promises and excuses associated with the computer chips, I finally decided to place a new order for a 2022; which became available on August 16th. So, on August 18th my dealer calls and says that if I am willing to add super cruise, Cadillac has agreed to build my 2021. I think Cadillac has the computer chips but is using them as an excuse to off-set demand. To be honest, I am not sure if I will take the 2021 as this whole process has been very frustrating. By the time it arrives, the 2022’s will already be in production. I hope matters for you have worked out well.

AmandaS
    Participant

Hi Jeff.

Pretty much was told cancelling 2021 orders and now ordering a 2022. They have no idea when it will arrive.

I started calling other dealerships to see if I can place an order however several are charging $10k over msrp. I guess it’s just the waiting game.

One near me is for sell… everything I ordered except it doesn’t have super cruise. Msrp $106k, dealer is asking $138k. I said that is crazy.

Participant
    Participant

Hi Amanda; sooner or later we will get good news. I have heard that the 2022’s will go into production on October 4th. For me, my neighbor owns several dealerships; including Cadillac and he knows that I will not go elsewhere. All of this is really frustrating for both dealers and customers like us. I would suggest making sure your 2022 has officially been ordered just to get on the list. Super cruise is now standard on the 2022’s; premium luxury and above. Anyway, hang in there and let’s see what happens. I know 2022 is going to be another difficult year for Cadillac in regard to meeting production demands as the factory in Texas is also building the Tahoe and Yukon; also in high demand. But, I am pretty confident that if you get in early on the order list it will get built and delivered sometime in the spring of 2022; say March. At least that is what I am being told. Take care and all the best……

Deberdo
    Participant

So disappointed!!!if you are trying to purchase a 2021 Platinum you should probably wait for a 2022. My 2021 Premium Platinum just blew a lifter or lifters and bent pushrods right along with many many other others. I wish I would of known this before I spent 125,00 for a car with big problems. Please read cars.com and many other sites before you buy.My car is in the shop as we speak for I don’t know how long and then I have to worry it will happen again like many others.

AmandaS
    Participant

Hi,

So it looks like my build was finally accepted by the factory. Then I took my order number and typed it into Cadillac.com and saw this “Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process.”

With my 2021 it never said moving toward the production process.

For anyone who has ordered, do we know how long this may take? I don’t want to get my hopes up (I have been waiting since April).

Thank you!

Participant
    Participant

Hi Amanda; Jeff from Pittsburgh. It is now official for you, they will build your 2021. Your dealer should receive it within 6-8 weeks from the date it officially gets built. Keep checking as it will move from “it was accepted” for the build to “your vehicle has been built”. Once you get that notice, you will be driving that new escalade in about 6-8 weeks. Happy for you Amanda!

AmandaS
    Participant

Hi Jeff…Thanks for the update. I am crossing my fingers.

How is your build going? Any update for you? You ordered before I did.

AmandaS
    Participant

Jeff- I am getting the 2022 they said. Not sure if that will take longer. And I can get my running boards, so as is looking up.

Participant
    Participant

Hi Amanda; Jeff again and thanks for the feedback. They did decide to build my 2021 and it is now on the way to the dealer. But, I have advised them that I am going to now wait for the 2022; which was officially ordered in August. The 2022’s will go into production on October 6th. I am now glad all of this happened as I know some concerns were encountered throughout the 2021 year with the Escalade. Like you, I am hopeful that this time it goes better. Really glad to hear that you get those running boards. Take care and all the best.

AmandaS
    Participant

Hi,

Ok, my dealer who I have been working with since April 2021. Just sent me my complete order detail in writing for my new 2022 (since my 2021 order was cancelled). They re-ordered my 2022 in August, and I had kept asking for my new order to make sure it was correct. They missed several items: AKG, Driver Assist, Super Cruise, and cargo sill.

Dealer is telling me that they can no longer make changes. I am so upset and don’t know what to do. Any advise would be helpful! I spoke with my dealer and wanted to speak to the GM, but of course went on vacation today. She said she will try to get a hold of them.

I reached out to Cadillac.com, and this was their response:

I have located your order and can see that your vehicle is at the Event Description 3000-Accepted by Production Control. I am unable to see any Target Production Weeks for orders with a status of 3000 right now. We expect each order to be assigned a Target Production Week once it reaches 3400-Broadcast. We recommend that you reach back out in 3 to 4 weeks for an update. It is unlikely that we will have any new information before then.

Amanda, these options are not on the factory order. I am not able to make changes and only dealers can make changes to the orders that they create. If they are stating that the system will not allow updates, then the only option would be for a new order.

Participant
    Participant

Hi Amanda; Jeff again. I am so sorry to hear this and I wish I could offer you some hope or a solution. I would just keep pushing your dealer to make it right as they are the ones that made the mistake. It is crazy that so many items were overlooked and not ordered. Surely, there must be a way for this to get corrected for you. Again, keep pushing your dealer to correct their mistake and get with their GM and let him know that they must do something. I would tell him or her that you have stood with them since April only to now learn that you may not be getting the Escalade that you ordered from them. I hope all o this works out for you Amanda; truly sorry that this is happening. All the best…..

AmandaS
    Participant

Hi Jeff…Thank you!

Wishing you had corporate number to Cadillac πŸ™‚

Participant
    Participant

Welcome Amanda. If you would like, I can talk to my dealer to see if he can offer any potential comments that might be of help. He is my neighbor and the owner of the dealership. Again, sorry that you are now dealing with this unfortunately matter. πŸ™ for you.

AmandaS
    Participant

Thanks Jeff. I went ahead and moved forward with the build that will start process any day. I guess the Super Cruise is not an option at this point, so it was removed. And the Driver Assist has been renamed and is included in my build. I am bummed I wont receive the AKG 36 speakers, but I know I will still love the car.

If all goes well dealer said I should receive by the end of November. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.