Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac Escalade Forum » 2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum

2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    ntr2def
    Participant

So are we saying 6-8 months before receiving? I placed my order back in late January, I imagine end of May-ish?

PeteinSC
    Participant

Wabbates let’s hope it’s better. I may pen a note to Cadillac management and let them know how poorly the site communicates what is going on. Mine was a custom order and thankfully I pushed a bit and learned that the wheels I had on order were holding up the build. I changed wheels and was able to get into the schedule. I ordered in November, but ordered with Super Cruise and I knew it would not start build until early January. It appears that it is taking nearly 5 to 6 weeks AFTER the vehicle is built for it to get into the customer’s hands. That is much longer than normal so I suspect new car blues and COVID impacts to the supply chain are culprits. I get a status from the dealer every day…I don’t have access. It is getting regular status updates, so I know it is not completely forgotten. Let me know when yours arrives…I’ll use that as another data point on timing! Cheers!

PeteinSC
    Participant

nr2def, I would suggest that you check with the dealer. They actually have access to a good tool which tells them the status of each order. I know that the weather situation in Texas created havoc with the system and the plant was down for about a week. I also know they have had supply issues and have had to remove the Chrome and Black wheels from the system…probably a supplier issue. Again, check with your dealer to see if you need to modify your order or just be patient. Mine was built in early Feb and has been waiting to ship for over 4 weeks now. Keep in touch. I’d love to know what you find out from your dealer and I’ll add it to my tracking info for my letter to Cadillac.

ntr2def
    Participant

I did the same custom order Sport Platinum with Super Cruise, I get weekly updates on Friday. I’ll share if any new news comes about. Good luck everyone!

PeteinSC
    Participant

ntr2def, I received some information today that the supplier of the Steering Wheels has been affected by the Texas weather and has been working hard to try to get back up to production levels. This may cause delays in Super Cruise Escalades. Not sure if correct or how long it may take for them to get back to 100%, but that could be affecting our orders. I know mine is built and waiting for the Steering Wheel, so when it finally ships, I’ll let you know.

ntr2def
    Participant

The update I got Friday was that the Rims are holding up my escalade order. We agreed to wait til Friday to determine whether we should remove them from the order. Its unfortunate given the recent announcement of the black onyx package for the XT5

PeteinSC
    Participant

ntr2def, if you ordered the chrome rims or the onyx package which uses the black version of the chrome rims, they are being shown as not available. I originally had those ordered back in January and was told they were not available…had to switch my order to get it back in the system. They were available for a short while and then became “unavailable”. I suspect a supplier issue so you probably want to strongly consider changing…unless you are not in a hurry for the truck.

PeteinSC
    Participant

Got word today that “hold” on my vehicle was removed and the new “Super Cruise” steering wheel was available. Hoping to see it get on the train…soon!

ntr2def
    Participant

The rims are from the Onyx package, when I ordered mine there was no issue in selecting the onyx package. So I think what we are doing is hoping mine will go in but it does not seem to be the case. fingers crossed!

wabbates
    Participant

PeteInSC… I just took delivery of my Escalade last night… worth the wait… hope you see yours soon

PeteinSC
    Participant

Wabbates, CONGRATULATIONS!! Mine was still in Texas as of this morning. It is ready to ship, but hasn’t found it’s way to a train yet! Glad you got yours and glad to hear it is worth the wait. From all that I’ve seen in person, and my drive of a 2021 Denali, I know it’s a huge improvement over the old model! Can’t wait!! Thanks for the update!

PeteinSC
    Participant

It’s finally on its way!

wabbates
    Participant

PeteInSC… Great news… So mine took about 3 weeks total from plant to dealer and that was in the middle to the Texas storm so hopefully a little shorter for you. Did you get the Whisper Beige interior… if so it is very light… better order the floors mats

PeteinSC
    Participant

Wabbates, Thanks for the timing info. It was in Shreveport Saturday morning. I ordered essentially a color duplicate of my 2018…so it’s the Satin Steel with the Jet Black interior. I also ordered the floor liners which I have on the 2018 and really like them. They have kept the interior looking like new. One other thing I did, and I did it on my boat as well, I bought the dealers interior protection package. They spray some magic stuff on the surfaces and it keeps them looking like new. It does wonders on the boat as well. After three years and 46000 miles there is no sign of wear on the seats, the door trim or the steering wheel. The interior looks like the day I bought it and all I do is wipe it down with a damp cloth.

wabbates
    Participant

PeteInSC… Great news that the car is moving. Thanks for the tip on the protection package. I have a boat as well and I’m looking forward to see how the Escalade does
    towing and how all the features of the towing package work.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.