Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac Escalade Forum » 2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum

2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    PeteinSC
    Participant

Hi Wabbates, my understanding is that they put them on rail in Texas and they go to Laurenceville, GA. From there, they are trucked to the dealer. From talking with my dealer, it can take a week from the time they arrive in Laurenceville until they are delivered to the Dealer. I see you are in SC, I am as well. I’m taking delivery in Anderson, SC. Optimistically, I’m hoping by mid March…but lots will depend on how long it takes them to get the mess in TX sorted out and get product to the railhead.

wabbates
    Participant

PeteinSC, Thanks for the info… Mine was built Jan 25 and I’m getting no information from my dealer on delivery estimates. I did go to the Cadillac customer site and you can give them your order # and they will give you it’s current status… The status was completed and waiting for transport but that is all they will give. I just need to be patient.

PeteinSC
    Participant

Wabbates, I just looked today and I have a VIN for mine. Look on the dealer website and you may see that for yours as well, since yours was built about a week and a half before mine. Since yours is built, the Dealer can give you a VIN. Based on all the bits and pieces of info I’ve been able to collect, I’m guessing 2 to 3 weeks before they arrive. I hope sooner and not later!

wabbates
    Participant

PeteinSC, I have never seen mine listed on the dealers website…. I put a deposit on it before it was built and listed on the dealers website. Hopefully they come in soon.

PeteinSC
    Participant

Who is your dealer? You can also use the “build and price” feature on the Cadillac site. Configure close to what yours is and then search inventory. It should show up that way. I show 7 near me…4 at my dealer, 2 at Master Cadillac in Aiken and 1 at Johnson Motors in Augusta, GA. You can widen the area and it will give more dealers.

wabbates
    Participant

I have used the Build and Price and mine has never shown up in the list??? I do have the Order # and have checked the status that way through Cadillac and it shows up as built and waiting for transport but been in that state for weeks…

PeteinSC
    Participant

Odd. Mine showed up this morning on Build and Price. I’ve run out of ideas, but I’m sure the Cadillac status is correct, so hopefully a couple of weeks. Good luck!

PeteinSC
    Participant

My status changed this morning to “In Transit”. Hopefully that is a good sign. From reading the various news items on the 2021 Escalade, they have had two “recall” issues…1 a software issue with the seat belt light and 2 an issue with a seat belt bolt. I suspect they held off shipping until they could check and correct all the ones they had “in process”. I’m guessing that this is going on right now and Escalades built late January and early February should be starting to ship. That’s just my “connecting the dots” guess.

wabbates
    Participant

PeteInSC… I finally got the word from the dealer that mine is on a train about half way to SC. Hopefully we both see ours soon.

PeteinSC
    Participant

wabbates…Great news! Based on all the bits and pieces I was able to put together on mine, I “guessed” that delivery might happen next week. If, in fact, they really are both “on the train”, as of at least 3/2, then my guess should be good. Assuming nothing out of the ordinary……….of course this is 2020/2021!!! Good luck! If you’re half as “excited” as I am, we should have at least 2 really happy people in SC next week!

wabbates
    Participant

PeteInSc… The dealer texted me a screen shot of a map and where the car in it’s route to me… so they do have access to that information. Currently in GA on a train to SC

PeteinSC
    Participant

Hi Wabbates, hopefully this will be a good week for you and you’ll get your new Escalade. I received “bad” news on mine. It is still in Texas, hopefully ready to go by end of the week. Moral of the story, don’t believe the “in transit” info on the Cadillac website. As you learned, the info from the dealer search is more accurate!

wabbates
    Participant

PeteinSC… The In Transit status is not accurate at all… I have been following a different Escalade that was in transit to the same dealership with an expected delivery date of April 8th and it already came in. The dealership can track exactly where it is so ask them to follow up for you. Hopefully this week or next I should see mine…. Good luck

PeteinSC
    Participant

wabbates, you are correct! Cadillac should really look at how to improve the “in transit” status on their website. It cannot be good for customer satisfaction since the status can sit at “in transit” for weeks or, as you found, change quickly. I have seen the dealer tracking tool after you pointed me in that direction. It is quite good and has a good deal of information. I know mine is still in Texas…it has been 4 weeks since it completed build. I know that from the note I got from Cadillac telling me my order started build and from the dealer letting me know that the system showed it as “built”. I just hope it gets put on the rail in the next couple of days. Good luck with yours…based on what you said earlier, I suspect you’ll see it next week…or sooner! What color did you get? I have a 2018 in Satin Steel and like it so much the 2021 is also Satin Steel.

wabbates
    Participant

PeteInSC… Maybe the Website will be better for the next Cadillac we order… I initially placed a custom order for my Escalade and it was Satin Steel but after waiting 2 months the dealer told me they were no longer building any with the features I ordered so they had one being built
    that had not been sold yet so I bought that one… it is White Were you able to get to the tracking tool yourself or did the dealer do it for you…
    because if customers could that would be great information to share. Good luck hopefully your Escalade ships soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.