Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac Escalade Forum » 2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum

2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Participant

Just joining in for the 1st time. Ordered my premium luxury in early February. The dealer is saying 12 weeks to get; what do you feel will actually happen? Thanks.

sdonell
    Participant

At about 4000 miles, the alarm went off, all power went out and it had to be towed in on a flatbed. All power was completely gone. We had to use the manual key to enter. The dealer replaced the battery and says it does not know why the previous battery would not hold a charge and does not have any idea what happened. Not particularly encouraging. It’s still at the dealer.

AmandaS
    Participant

HI,
    I just ordered mine last week through a dealership. However the online chat, said it has not been approved by GM, does anyone know how long that takes?

The dealership said I should have the car in about 12 weeks, but what I am reading I don’t think so.

I ordered Sport, black/black, fully loaded.

wabbates
    Participant

I have heard through the dealership today that super cruise is holding up a lot of orders and GM is starting to get hit hard by the chip shortage… Keep bugging the dealer because they will be notified if there is a hold up on your order based on the options you chose. Good luck… I have had
    mine for about a month now and it is worth the wait.

AmandaS
    Participant

Yes, I have heard a lot about the chip shortage. I don’t mind waiting at all to get exactly what I want. In CA they are asking $10k over MSRP. So I can wait, plus I get the GM discount and that’s over $10k savings.

I am excited!

PeteinSC
    Participant

I took delivery of mine with Super Cruise on March 31. Weather and part shortages kept it at the plant for just over a month after it was built. It is worth the wait as many have said. Super Cruise is incredible and lane change will “blow your mind”! This generation is “light years” ahead of the previous in tech, ride and comfort.

wabbates
    Participant

PeteInSC… I’m glad yours finally arrived and that you are enjoying it. I took my first trip in mine last week and the 1600 miles went by
    comfortably and it pulls the boat with ease. Enjoy your new ride. Wayne in SC

PeteinSC
    Participant

Hi Wayne in SC! Thanks for your note and the info on your 1600 mile trip. We have plans to do about 4000 miles in the near future. Can’t wait to enjoy the Super Cruise and massage seats as we while away the miles!! I have to say again, they really raised the bar with this one. I did test drive a Lincoln Navigator before I ordered the Escalade and in my opinion, there is no comparison. Escalade is on a much higher level. Just read that it is one of the hottest selling vehicles in the US with only a 19 day supply. Enjoy your summer! Cheers, Pete in SC.

Participant
    Participant

Ugg; ordered my premium luxury in early February and was just told by the dealer that the concern over the computer chip shortage is starting to hit hard. I have the option to eliminate packages; but I decided not to do this. According to my dealer, not sure when GM will accept my order. If you have one on order, hang in there as this may be a long ride.

PeteinSC
    Participant

Just got back from a 4000 mile road trip with 2021 Super Cruise Escalade. If you plan to travel a lot of interstates and use this for road trips, the Super Cruise is well worth it. Probably the least fatigued I’ve been after driving for 7-9 hours per day that I have ever been. Ride is great. If you’ve ordered SC or are considering, it is well worth the wait. On the road we saw many 2021 Tahoe’s and Yukon’s, but in the entire 4000 miles, only saw 3 Escalades and two were together. Did see a few car haulers with Escalades on the road, so they are coming!

Shari
    Participant

Hi ya’ll! Ordered my 2021 Premium Luxury Platinum ESV back on March 11th and still has NOT been officially accepted by GM 🙁 Was told expect it in 3-4 months by my dealership from order date but I’m having my doubts now….

PeteinNY
    Participant

I ordered mine in November 2021 – it has been accepted but I cancelled the order as I found one about a 4 hour drive away. I would go to the build a Escalade feature and see what is available near you- I reached out to multiple dealers and was fortunate enough to find one where the customer rejected the order as it didn’t have a bench seat like the customer ordered. I found one with 99% of what I wanted- color was different but I was flexible. Be active and you might get lucky. One dealer told me that for new orders she was told it could be up to 18 months.

Shari
    Participant

Thank you for all the info PeteinNY! I will look into that now!

Participant
    Participant

Hi everyone; jumping back in on the chip concern. I ordered my premium luxury in February and I now have my doubts that it will get accepted. I spoke with several dealers just to get a different opinion from what I am being told and all 3 advised that Cadillac has stopped accepting orders for 2021’s. All 3 stated that the delivery timeline for getting a 2022 is now approaching 10-12 months; chip concern and order backlog. My order is still pending, but I am pretty sure that Cadillac is going to eventually reject it. Still hopeful; time will tell. Crazy times for sure.

AmandaS
    Participant

I ordered one in April, and I have gone to cadillac.com and typed in my order number and it says no accepted yet. However the other day a live person came on and then told me it was accepted and she listed the date I ordered it which I thought was strange. I am so confused by all this. I found the exact same order in Atlanta but they upped it $20k over MSRP. I cannot justify spending that especially when I get the GM employee discount.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.