Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac Escalade Forum » 2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum

2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    PeteinSC
    Participant

Hi AmandaS, if the order was accepted, you might want to follow up and see if they can give you an estimated build date. They were able to give me one at the time and it was about 3 weeks after they accepted the order. It was for a build “week” and they did, in fact, start build during that week. Once build starts, it should only take a day or two to get through the actual build. Time to clear all the checks and leave the plant is another issue. Mine waited for a month before it was shipped due to “other issues” that needed to be corrected before shipping. Once it hit the rail, it got to me in South Carolina in just under 3 weeks. I would not pay 20k over sticker either! These are among the hottest selling vehicles in the US right now.

AmandaS
    Participant

Questions for all who have the AKG 36 speakers in the new Escalade, is it worth it?

Also if I have already placed an order but it’s not been started on, can I make changes? I reached out to my dealer but have not heard back.

PeteinSC
    Participant

Hi AmandaS, I have the 36 speaker system and I can tell you that when it is working correctly, it is AMAZING! If you enjoy listening to music at moderate to higher volumes, you will hear all the nuances that you probably never heard before. Especially rock music from the 60’s and 70’s. Recording engineers did a lot of “playing” with the technology and you’ll hear effects that you never heard before. Pink Floyd’s “Money” is incredible. Sound stage and clarity are unbelievable! At lower volumes, you’ll lose some of this, but still get more than you would with a “mere mortal” sound system. So why my caveat “when it is working correctly”? Mine has a glitch that is most evident with the Adaptive Volume turned “on”. Music sound is grossly “misshaped” with over bassing and muted voice and treble. My understanding is that it could be related to the amplifier and a microphone. A speaker in the console could also be involved. I have a service appointment and hope that it is just simply the amplifier which is a relatively easy change. If it is the microphone or the console speaker, it could get involved. Your system should not have the issue since you’ll have the new part number amplifier. If you are NOT an “audiophile” and just like to listen to background music, then I wouldn’t spend the extra for the 36 speakers. If you love listening to all the music can offer, the 36 speaker system is well worth it!

sdonell
    Participant

It’s the best car stereo I have ever heard in any car I have ever owned. It’s worth every penny.

AmandaS
    Participant

Thank you PeteinSC and sdonell. Crossing my fingers they let me make a change to my order, as it has not even been started on.

Shari
    Participant

Hello everyone! I ordered my 2021 Premium Luxury Platinum on 3/11 and was told then by my dealership I could expect my car in 3-4 months which would be by July. I am still getting the same auto message from Cadillac site saying my “order has not been officially accepted by GM at this time.” When I speak to someone at Cadillac they keep telling me that my order has been accepted by GM but there is no target production date yet. They said my event code is at 1100, which it’s been there pretty since it was ordered. I’m wondering if my car will ever get picked up at this point. My dealership manager that does the ordering said yesterday that he’s very frustrated by what’s going on and they have given up on estimating when people will receive their vehicles. 🙁

Participant
    Participant

Hello Shari; I am Jeff from Pittsburgh, PA. I ordered mine in early March and yesterday was week 16 with my event code still showing 1100. Today I was messaging with an advisor and learned that my code has now moved to 2000 and that tomorrow it should move to 3000. For me, I pushed the advisor for some additional details, saying all I want to know is will the Escalade get built; yes or no. She put me on hold for about 10 minutes and then came back with the update. This whole process is frustrating, but we cannot change what is happening. I still do not have full confidence that mine will be accepted for the actual production; time will tell. Good luck!

Shari
    Participant

Hi Jeff, I’m happy for you! However I was told by a Cadillac advisor yesterday that my dealer doesn’t have an allocation for my order so that’s why it hasn’t been officially accepted by GM etc. So I don’t know where to go from here. I reached out to Matt Mustafa at Lockhart and he said he doesn’t have anymore allocations for what I need. This is just so upsetting.

Participant
    Participant

Hello Shari; I truly know the frustration and to be honest, I am not sure that I am in any better position. Like I said, I am now at week 16 and over the last couple of weeks I have obtained conflicting comments from Cadillac advisors. Yes, the latest update was positive, but I have been there before and later learned that my code returned back to 1100. My dealer is also frustrated as he does have an allocation for 2 sold Escalades, but is still not sure if it will happen. I just returned from a business trip to Raleigh, NC and was able to stop by Hendrick Cadillac. They are also having a very difficult time getting accurate updates from Cadillac and advised that as long as we are in the system, hang in there as it eventually should happen. Hang in there Shari and good luck. I hope one day we can both offer better, more positive updates.

sdonell
    Participant

Hello all – I started this thread way back in November- right in the middle of another surge of Covid. How times have changed in most of the US. And for the better! Having had ours (my wife is the daily driver – I’m driving a boring S560 Mercedes but i try to drive the Escalade every chance I get) now for over six months and seeing so many others that don’t yet have theirs, I offer some observations. First, the upgraded AKG 36-Speaker option is beyond belief. I have had the luck to drive a lot of nice cars over the years. I have never, and I mean never, experienced the kind of sound quality in an automobile stereo system that I have enjoyed with this option. Maybe the base stereo is great too, but the upgrade is beyond belief. I am in my 50’s, so the 80’s were my music, but i have youngish kids so I listen to current music too. I have re-discovered Pink Floyd, Van Helen, Boston, Aerosmith, Depeche Mode, The Cure as well as appreciating current music such as The Weekend, Ariana Grande, Da Lipa in ways that I could never have appreciated. I also like some classical and purely instrumental stuff on satellite – it really amazes me just how defined and rich the sound system is. If anyone take a pause regarding the upgrade price on this option, from my humble experience, it is so worth it.

The seats. I am 6’2 and have some long legs. I don’t like the driver’s seat. It is hard with a flat bottom and the lumbar is support is minimal. There is no seat extension feather at all. Overall, the seats are pretty, but for me, they are just not very comfortable. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a deal killer, but just not a great feature and a bit of a disappointment for me personally. Others may love them. The interior of my Whisper Beige “linen-like suiting fabric” looks really elegant but in reality where you rub up against it getting in and out of the car – it gets dirty fast and it is not easy to clean. The engine. I don’t think this vehicle, for the price, has enough power. It’s not very “punchy”. You have to really get on it to perform. It’s not a deal killer at all. It is adequate. It’s fine. But it’s not particularly invigorating. True, this is a cruiser luxo SUV. I get that. I just think it could use 50 more horsepower and an increase in torque. My wife does not seem to notice or mind. I do notice it . But again, it’s fine. The brakes – a bit squishy in one way but you need to apply some pretty hard pressure for quick stopping too. Had to get used to this.

But…overall, we, along with my two kids just love it. The kids really dig the rear entertainment, the huge sun roof and the ride is supple, quiet, not too lofty and very balanced. It’s “tight” yet comfortable. Overall, it drives smaller than it is. That’s a good thing. Fit and finish – this is my first American vehicle. It’s a pleasure to say that it is rattle-free, the leather, wood and touch points feel solid and expensive (except for the little round knob in the center that controls sound – that feels cheap and sub-par) and are beautiful. The infotainment screen is unlike anything I have ever experienced and it is in a class on its own. It makes the Navigator seem ten years old. Overall, this SUV feels expensive, it sounds expensive (silent inside at speed), the stereo is amazing, the fit/finish are first rate and the overall ambiance is luxury meets techno – in a good way. A few irritations. Overall though, It is truly an amazing ride. I just keep going back to the rock solid feel, the leather. wood, fabrics, chrome bits and how well they all work together. And did I mention the stereo??????? Overall, a very, very happy customer.

sdonell
    Participant

Sorry for a few typos. I know how to spell Van Halen.

Nanna
    Participant

I ordered the 2021 Premium Luxury Platiumn with super cruise in satin steel metallic, black leather on the interior on 4/15. I got a e-mail last week with a reservation number and notification of production progress to be sent from Cadillac. On Monday I received another email advising that the oled dash was being installed. Does anyone have any idea the lead time to build.

Participant
    Participant

Hello; Jeff from Pittsburgh again. Not sure if I am alone on this one, but I have just crossed week 19 since I ordered my premium luxury and Cadillac has yet to commit to a build date. Over the last weeks I have obtained conflicting feedback from the Cadillac advisors in regard to my status; 1100, 2000, 3000 and then back to 1100. My dealer is also very frustrated and seems to be caught in the middle of mis-information also. Would anyone know if it is possible to determine if Cadillac will actual build the Escalade or will I eventually just be told that my order has been removed from consideration. I am at the point in time of deciding; hang on or walk away. Thanks for any feedback that can be offered.

AmandaS
    Participant

I ordered a sport and I’ve been waiting 12 weeks and my dealer has no information. They last told me there was one ahead of mine in their allocation.

What is the status numbers you listed? I had saw that before and asked my dealer and they were unfamiliar with those number.

Participant
    Participant

Hello Amanda; Jeff again from Pittsburgh. As I understand them, 1100 just means that your dealer has placed the order to Cadillac. 2000 means that Cadillac has officially accepted the order. 3000 means that Cadillac has sent the order to the factory and they have officially accepted it as a build. I hope you have better success then I am having; good luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.