Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac Escalade Forum » 2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum

2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    waltinfl
    Participant

I placed a deposit with my Dealer mid April, for a ESV platinum, with super cruise, night vision and retractable side steps. I was informed, that there order was not accepted, because the assembly plant is out of “retractable sidesteps” for an other month due to delivery problems with the supplier. In view of the computer chip problem and 5 to 6 months delivery estimates, I wonder if there will be any cars available in 2021 with those options. Is there any good news ????

rocdoc
    Participant

Hey, waltinfl.
    I ordered a Sport Platinum in Feb. It has all the same options you listed above. We just found out our vehicle build week is next week. I don’t know if that helps or not. It took 4 months almost to the day for the order to be accepted by GM. Once it was accepted, it has quickly been progressing toward build. We still don’t have any idea how long after build before we actually will receive it. It has been a painfully long wait.

Participant
    Participant

Jeff from Pittsburgh. I ordered mine in late February and it is still not produced by Cadillac; premium luxury + drivers assist tech package + performance package. I still have hope, but my dealer just told me that if it does not happen this month (July), it most likely won’t happen as a 2021. Also, I am very frustrated with the Cadillac advisors as I keep getting mis-information, changing status reports and broken promises. I do not blame them as I know they are only caught in the middle and for sure I know they are getting hammered with frustrated customers. I just wish I could get the truth on what is happening. I hope others are having better success than I am.

AmandaS
    Participant

Hi, Amanda from San Diego!

I am so frustrated as well. I know the dealership is allocated so many orders, and based on my order number I was next. However, the dealer just notified me: “Just to give you more update on the situation, right now, any Sport trim ordered with Driver Assist Technology Package and Power retractable steps won’t be put in production due to the chip shortage.

We are hoping the situation will becomes better. I will keep following up on your order.”

Since this is my dream car, I don’t want to settle for less. I am willing to continue to wait. I don’t want it to be in the year 2023, and I receive a 2021 😉

I also asked if they knew what was going to happen with 2022 models and they Cadillac hasn’t released any information.

Participant
    Participant

Hi Amanda; Jeff again. I also know about the computer chip concern; which has created a lot of delivery issues for Cadillac and others. Like you, I am not going to take accept something less as this will also be my dream car. Actually will be my 3rd Escalade as I am currently driving a 2016. Anyway, I must admit that getting mine built is now most likely a long shot. As I conveyed to Cadillac advisors many many times, I think it is non-professional for Cadillac to do this to anyone. For sure, they know if they are going to build my order; yes or no? Amanda, hang in there and let’s hope for some good news soon!

waltinfl
    Participant

Hi Rocdoc. Thank you for your information. This maybe my 12 Cadillac (if I live long enough) I am 84 years old, and on the upper limit of the American male live expectancy. Presently I am driving a 2017 Escalade, lane assist with crusomatic takes a lot of stress out stop and go driving. Therefore super cruise and night vision may give me few more years of save driving. As to the computer chip shortage, note that 75% come out of Asia, and China is on top! Proof to the previous administrations policy; to make it in America!! I also wonder if the side steps are made here or come out of Mexico?? It is simply a shame that a company like GM can not supply there top of the line luxury cars 🚘 with a reasonable delivery time of 2 – 3 month.

PeteinSC
    Participant

Hi All, I have to agree with many of the comments regarding the AKG 36 speaker sound system. It really makes this feel like a more like a mobile sound lab than a truck! It begs to be played loud! I am, however experiencing glitches with the Adaptive Volume that are really messing up the sound. Not sure if others have noticed this issue. I have a Satin Steel Platinum Model with Jet Black interior and get comments all the time on how great it looks. I got it with most of the toys and will tell you that if you intend to travel interstates, Super Cruise is a must! Night vision also helps you see much farther down the road at night than you can with just the headlights. Very useful out in the “boonies” where we are. Unlike one of the reviewers, the seats work well for me, but I am only 5’8″ as opposed to his 6’2. They are comfortable, adjustable and the massage is great. I also agree that more HP would be nice…not a deal breaker, but nice. Something around 500 with 500ftlb of torque would be about right for a flagship vehicle of this size. Kind of disappointed that this was not on the list of improvements for the 2021 versus previous models. Ride and overall interior comfort is MUCH improved over the past model. I had a 2018 and the 2021 is a quantum leap beyond in most areas! The Escalade is one of the hottest selling vehicles in the US and the chip issues, COVID shutdowns and general supply chain disruptions have really hurt all industries and this hot selling vehicle is no exception. It is worth the wait and hopefully, issues will be corrected with time and supply will improve. For the person who posted that they had a note from Cadillac saying their OLED display was building, my vehicle was completed within a week of my getting that notification. Depending on where you live and how it ships, you might expect to wait about a month before it gets to the dealer…assuming no other issues. Mine was held at the plant for a month after completing build, due to weather in Texas and some part quality issues.

AmandaS
    Participant

I was so excited when my Cadillac dealer just called…however not the news I wanted.

There is a shortage on the power steps. So I can remove from my order and hopefully still get my car in 2021, or I can keep them on my order and get a 2022 vehicle sometime next year and they have no idea when.

I’m leaning to remove them as I am tall, and that is something I can always do aftermarket.

Any thoughts are suggestions? I built my dream car and told myself not to compromise however that is something that will not change the look of the vehicle.

Participant
    Participant

Hi Amanda; Jeff again from Pittsburgh. I wish I was in your shoes as you now have the potential to take delivery of that dream car. For me, my first Escalade had the retractable steps and eventually I had to replace their motors due to failure; expensive! So, my 2nd Escalade (current one) had the fixed steps and to be honest I like them just as much as they still look really good. If it was me, this seems like a small compromise to get that dream car; I would say yes for sure. For me, my frustrations with Cadillac continue as I am now approaching week 22 since my order was placed and still no idea what is going to happen. Amanda; enjoy the ride in that dream car!

waltinfl
    Participant

AmandaS. I see you are willing to compromise, I have the automatic side steps on my 2017 Escalade. They are not only improving the esthetic of the car they are also very practical for people to enter or exit. I think they should be part of the Platinum trim! Paying $115 to 120,000.00 you are willing to except the look of a Chevy Suburban? It is amazing that an item consisting of a few pieces of sheet metal and actuator delays the delivery of GM’s top of the line car. As for my part, if I can not get it the way I want it, GM can keep their crap! (And I hope they read this). As a born European and a proud American 🇺🇸 I have in the past 60 years only purchased American cars. At my age, this will be my last car purchase. It hurts me, after all this years, having to consider an European car. 🚗🇩🇪🇬🇧😪

Participant
    Participant

Jeff again from Pittsburgh. Well, according to Cadillac my only chance for a 2021 is to reduce my build and accept lower features. Although I will not do this, I must admit that it is a shame that Cadillac received my order 22 weeks ago and only this week is officially saying; we will not accept it. I am frustrated, my dealer is frustrated and it seems like this situation with the computer chips is a disaster for the auto industry. According to my dealer, there are 2 more Escalades builds coming up and perhaps there remains a chance for me. Otherwise, I will wait for a 2022. I wish everyone better luck and success than I experienced. But, I will still hold on and one day I will be able to say; I love that damn SUV!

Participant
    Participant

Hello everyone; Jeff from Pittsburgh. Well, after 28 weeks I have now officially been told that my 2021 Escalade will not get built. As of yesterday, my order for a 2022 has been formally confirmed. For 2022, I learned that super cruise is now standard on the premium luxury and levels above. Thanks.

AmandaS
    Participant

Jeff exciting your got an update! Did they give an ETA of arrival? Do you think it will arrive in 2021?

I am at 19 weeks…the waiting game is hard.

Participant
    Participant

Hello Amanda; hope all is well on your end. To be honest, I just learned all of this yesterday and all I know is that my dealer confirmed that the 2021 was not going to happen and that he was able to officially ordered the 2022. As I will be entering into the order process very early for the 2022’s, he now feels Cadillac will accept it and it will get built. I really don’t know anything beyond this, but accordingly to my dealer once they move into producing the 2022’s, he will be able to give me a good update as to when mine would be produced. I will keep you posted and good luck. I hope it works out for you. Take care!

AmandaS
    Participant

Jeff- Are they creating a new order for 2022 for you? Or do you keep as is and keep your place? Mine offered me to wait for 2022, but said it could arrive anytime in 2022.

I saw on Cadillac.com they have 2022 XT, and 2023 Lyriq (which I noticed those kept changing years).

I know one day we will get our dream cars!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.