Home » Topics » Cadillac Forum » Cadillac Escalade Forum » 2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum

2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Participant

No worries Amanda; yes, I also learned today that Super Cruise will not be offered initially due to the chip shortage. I hope to get mine this year; fingers crossed. Take care and all the best.

Participant
    Participant

Hi Amanda; Jeff again and I hope all is well on your end. Just a quick question regarding your 2022 build. Do you know if Cadillac has officially accepted your order yet? My dealer placed my order, but it has not yet been officially accepted by Cadillac. I assume your’s has been if your dealer is saying you might get it by the end of November. I hope that happens for you; take care.

AmandaS
    Participant

Hi Jeff-

This is what Cadillac site shows: “Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process.”

Then when I reached out more they said I was at 3000, and they did say I can no longer make any changes.

My dealer still does not even have the price for the 2022 yet. I am so confused by all this, and my dealer is not very good at communicating with me. I am the one that always have to reach out for questions and updates. I feel I learn more by being on this forum.

I am not holding my breath for a November delivery either. I think she is trying to appease me to stay off her back 🙂

Did you order a platinum? I ordered the Sport and wanted it fully loaded.

Participant
    Participant

Fantastic Amanda, that’s great news for you. I ordered a premium luxury with the following details: 4 wheel drive, white, upgraded interior (brandy), driver assist & performance package, puddle lamp, super cruise and night vision. I know the driver assist and performance package are now something different; I think it is now called a touring package. I am willing to give up super cruise with the hope everything else can stay. Happy for you Amanda; can’t wait to her your comments once you have it. I will keep posting comments as I learn more for my order; fingers crossed. For you, keep checking with the Cadillac site because once you are confirmed in production, you will most likely see it in about 5 weeks. Take care; Jeff

AmandaS
    Participant

Yes on my order it lists “Touring Package” that is when I thought they had forgot my Driver Assist package.

Do you know the new name for the super cruise? Maybe it’s hiding in my order and I don’t recognize the name.

Participant
    Participant

Same with me Amanda; my build shows ST1: Touring Package and UKL: Super Cruise, but I am pretty sure this feature will get removed by Cadillac. As for pricing, my dealer is saying the same thing as no pricing has been published yet. I keep checking the Cadillac website to see if the 2022 information has been posted yet, but as of today it still shows the 2021; which seem strange since you cannot order them anymore. You are in great shape as your features / options should not change since they have officially accepted your order. For me; I am hoping that they accept my order soon so I don’t loose any other features. I am now at week 35 since I placed my initial order; this is truly nuts! But, I still can’t wait to get it. I now drive a 2016 Escalade and for sure the new one will be amazing in comparison. Hang in there and all the best to you…..

Participant
    Participant

Hi again Amanda; Jeff from Pittsburgh. If I may ask, does your build contain the Z66 performance package? Just curious if they accepted it. Take care.

AmandaS
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

I don’t see the performance package on my order. What is that package?

Participant
    Participant

Hi Amanda; thanks for the feedback. This is a mess in my book. I wanted the touring package, but to get it I had to take the performance package which includes magnetic ride control and some things associated with pulling a trailer (not important to me). You are better off not having it. So, my dealer is now saying that Cadillac may put a restraint on getting the performance package and if this happens, they may also take away the touring package. The fact that they accepted your order with the touring package (which is great to have) and did not make you take the performance package is perfect. On your build sheet, the touring package should be code ST1 and if you had the performance package, it would be code Z66. Amanda, great for you and I will keep you posted to my adventure; 🙏🏻

AmandaS
    Participant

Hi Jeff, I am looking at my final order detail.. I definitely did not order the performance package or the towing package.

It does show the Z95: suspension package with the magnetic ride control. But that is all it says.

Yes, I do see the touring package ST1. Which I originally wanted with the driver assist package.

If you want to share you email, I wouldn’t mind sending my GM Workbench order over, so you can see what is on it. I feel it is confusing since things have changed.

Participant
    Participant

Hi Amanda; hope your weekend will be a good one. For now and if you are ok doing it, just send me an email (without your build) to this address: [email protected]

This is a temporary address; which I will eventually delete. I will come back to you with my true email address as I would like to keep it private from this Cadillac Society blog. We can exchange builds with each other; appreciate the offer. Take care and all the best – Jeff

waltinfl
    Participant

To sdonell. I got my new white platinum 4 weeks ago, it’s really wonderful, however having driven a 2017 Escalade, I found the seats in the 2021 are rather hard, and not as comfortable. I thought first that I am having a oversensitive bottom, because my wive, which has more padding on hers doesn’t find anything wrong with it. Now sense you’re having the same experience I seem not to be alone with this affliction, I solved this by using now a pillow. If someone has the same problem please let us know.
    I also had after approx 300 miles a complete battery failure, and had to call roadside service, which installed a new battery. They found nothing wrong with the cars charging system. Must’ve been a bad battery. To avoid this in the future I purchased from Amazon for a few dollars a battery monitor, which allows me to check the condition of the battery via Bluetooth on my iPhone. Quite practical, considering the light show the car displays every time one walks by with the car keys.

sdonell
    Participant

Waltinfl – yes, I agree. For me, the seats are hard, lack side support and are not long enough. I am a little over 6-1′ and the seats (as well as a lack of power) are my two gripes about vehicle. My wife drives it more than I do and the seats don’t bother her. We also miss a grab bar in the A pillar which would be nice. Interesting about the battery – our battery completely died in ours too about a month after ownership. It was replaced and we have not had any problems since. Other than that, it has been great.

[email protected]
    Participant

My 2022 Premium Luxury with Touring, performance package and running boards is at 3000. I wonder when I should expect it???

AmandaS
    Participant

Hi Kameo3

I’ve been at 3000 for a couple weeks, and my dealer said hopefully end of November.

According to cadillac.com this is their response to me:

I am unable to see any Target Production Weeks for orders with a status of 3000 right now. We expect each order to be assigned a Target Production Week once it reaches 3400-Broadcast. We recommend that you reach back out in 3 to 4 weeks for an update. It is unlikely that we will have any new information before then.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.