Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 26 percent to 87 units in February 2023 compared to February 2022.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 saleshave not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac CT5 saleshave not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 45.79 percent to 58 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales increased 433.33 percent to 16 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 85.71 percent to 13 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
During the first two months of the 2023 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 29 percent to 148 units.
Sales Results - February 2023 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||FEB 2023 / FEB 2022||FEBRUARY 2023||FEBRUARY 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The Cadillac Society Take
Having suffered a drop during the first month of the year, Cadillac Mexico sales saw another drop in February, deepening its negative performance in the Mexican market. As such, last month’s poor performance represents Cadillac’s second consecutive contraction in Mexico, likely due to lower availability of inventory in the Latin country.
Like during the prior month, the decline in Cadillac Mexico sales in February coincided with a significant reduction in sales of the Cadillac Escalade – the marque’s best-selling nameplate in the country. The full-size SUV suffered a 46 percent drop that reduced volume by nearly 50 units year-over-year. It’s worth noting that the negative trend recorded by the Escalade during the first two months of 2023 was preceded by one of its best levels of performance in December 2022.
By contrast, the Cadillac XT4 and XT5 crossovers again posted notable gains last month as well as during the year-to-date running total. Unfortunately, the lower sales volumes of both models was not enough to turn the tide for the marque as a whole during the month.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in February 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Cadillac sales results for Q1 2023