Cadillac sales in the United States increased 29 percent to 36,321 units during the first quarter of 2023.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 sales increased 43.26 percent to 2,712 units
- Cadillac CT5 sales increased 37.39 percent to 4,593 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 12.16 percent to 9,228 units
- Cadillac Lyriq sales totaled 968 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales increased 83 percent to 6,773 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 45.9 percent to 7,285 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales increased 25.98 percent to 4,762 units
Sales Results - Q1 2023 - USA - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q1 2023 / Q1 2022||Q1 2023||Q1 2022|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac sales kicked off the 2023 calendar year with a very healthy increase during the first quarter, as the luxury marque made a strong year-over-year recovery while continuing the positive performance started in late 2022. This result represents Cadillac’s third consecutive quarterly increase in the U.S. market as well as its second best quarterly performance in the last two years.
In Q1, most of Cadillac’s models saw growth rates in the double digits of between 26 and 83 percent. The growth was led by the Cadillac XT4, which posted the highest percentage increase, adding more than 3,000 units year-over-year thanks to a notable improvement in inventory. The healthy growth of the Cadillac XT5, CT4, CT5 and XT6 is also noteworthy.
Meanwhile, the Cadillac Lyriq saw an increase in sales volume during its third quarter on sale, marking its best-ever quarterly volume of 968 units.
In contrast, the Cadillac Escalade posted a 12 percent drop, becoming the marque’s only model with negative numbers during the first quarter. However, the iconic full-size SUV was by far Cadillac’s best-selling vehicle in the United States.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to U.S. Cadillac sales for Q1 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Cadillac sales results for Q1 2023