Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 32 percent to 61 units in January 2023 compared to January 2022.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac CT5 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 52.33 percent to 41 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales increased 266.67 percent to 11 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 800 percent to 9 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
Sales Results - January 2023 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||JAN 2023 / JAN 2022||JANUARY 2023||JANUARY 2022|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac Mexico sales suffered a notable double-digit decline in January. The results represent a stark contrast to the excellent performance recorded in December 2022, when the luxury marque posted one of the highest sales results in history while also representing three consecutive months of gains.
The poor performance in Cadillac Mexico sales in January was caused by lower volume of the Cadillac Escalade, the marque’s most popular model in the Latin country and in North America. The full-size luxury SUV sold less than half of the units delivered during the same month a year ago as a result of lower unit available in the local market. That said, the Escalade was still able to be the best-selling Cadillac in Mexico.
For their part, the Cadillac XT5 and XT4 crossovers posted healthy triple-digit increases last month, while maintaining their usual low volumes in the Mexican market.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in January 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Cadillac sales results for Q1 2023