Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 30 percent to 81 units in November 2021 compared to November 2020.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CTS sales were flat at 0 units
- Cadillac CT4 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac CT5 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 15 percent to 68 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 68.42 percent to 6 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 56.25 percent to 7 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- The Cadillac CT6 was never offered in Mexico
During the first 11 months of the 2021 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales increased 76 percent to 1,143 units.
Sales Results - November 2021 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||NOV 2021 / NOV 2020||NOVEMBER 2021||NOVEMBER 2020||YTD 2021 / YTD 2020||YTD 2021||YTD 2020|
The Cadillac Society Take
After 11 consecutive months of growth, Cadillac Mexico sales decreased for the first time in November with a not-insignificant 30 percent drop. The performance reflects the impact of the semiconductor shortage, which has not only affected the sales volume of the XT4 and XT5 crossovers but has also resulted in a decline in Cadillac Escalade inventory in the Latin country.
The full-size luxury SUV, which also serves as Cadillac’s flagship model, experienced its first drop in sales volume over the past year in Mexico. The the arrival of the all-new, fifth-generation Escalade in the final quarter of 2020 has been fueling the brand’s healthy growth. Even so, the Escalade maintains very healthy, triple-digit growth in cumulative sales and is by far the best-selling Cadillac vehicle in the Latin American country.
Meanwhile, production of the Cadillac XT4 resumed on September 20th at the Fairfax plant in Kansas, while production of the Cadillac XT5 and XT6 finally resumed at the Spring Hill Assembly plant on December 6th, after being down for most of the 2021 calendar year. We expect sales of Cadillac’s crossover line to begin a steady recovery starting in the first quarter of 2022.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in November 2020, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Cadillac sales results for Q4 2021:
- Cadillac sales Q4 2021 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac China sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales October 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales November 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales December 2021
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales October 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales November 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales December 2021