Cadillac sales in the United States decreased 48 percent to 22,385 units during the fourth quarter of 2021.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 sales decreased 48.7 percent to 1,396 units
- Cadillac CT5 sales decreased 64.75 percent to 1,810 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 2.22 percent to 9,664 units
- Both regular-length Escalade and Escalade ESV sales are included in this line item
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 56.41 percent to 3,046 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 67.78 percent to 3,528 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales decreased 58.91 percent to 2,940 units
During the complete 2021 calendar year, U.S. Cadillac sales decreased 8.6 percent to 118,310 units.
Sales Results - Q4 2021 - USA - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q4 2021 / Q4 2020||Q4 2021||Q4 2020||YTD 2021 / YTD 2020||YTD 2021||YTD 2020|
The Cadillac Society Take
U.S. Cadillac sales posted a substantial decline during the fourth quarter of 2021, deepening the luxury marque’s negative performance in the U.S. market. In fact, the contraction in Q4 2021 represents Cadillac’s second consecutive quarterly decline, after falling 32 percent in Q3 2021. This saw the brand end the calendar year with 8.9 percent in the red as a result of problems in the supply chain affecting vehicle inventory.
The Escalade was the only Cadillac model to increase its sales on a year-over-year basis, since the luxury marque diverted the limited supply of microchips and other resources to its flagship vehicle. In that regard, the iconic full-size SUV cemented its position as Cadillac’s best-selling vehicle during both the fourth quarter as well as during the complete 2021 calendar year, the first time this has taken place in recent history.
Meanwhile, Cadillac’s other models were in the red, as they have been impacted the most by the ongoing shortage of components. However, the Cadillac CT4, CT5 and XT4 posted a recovery in sales volume compared to the third quarter of 2021 thanks to the recent restart in production. To note, production of the CT4 and CT5 restarted in October while the XT4 went back into production in November.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to U.S. Cadillac sales for Q4 2020, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Cadillac sales results for Q4 2021:
- Cadillac sales Q4 2021 USA (this page)
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac China sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales October 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales November 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales December 2021
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales October 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales November 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales December 2021