Cadillac China sales decreased 36 percent to 51,000 units during the fourth quarter of 2021.
Cadillac does not provide individual sales performance of its vehicles in China, but we do have the following information:
- China remains Cadillac’s biggest volume market by sales volume, larger than the United States market
- The CT5, XT5 and XT4 are Cadillac’s most popular models in China
- The Cadillac CT5 enjoyed a strong fourth quarter
- Pre-orders for the all-new Cadillac Lyriq were strong after opening in late 2021
During the complete 2021 calendar year, Cadillac China sales were flat, increasing 0.6 percent to 231,800 units.
Sales Results - Q4 2021 - China - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q4 2021 / Q4 2020||Q4 2021||Q4 2020||YTD 2021 / YTD 2020||YTD 2021||YTD 2020|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac China sales saw another decline during the fourth quarter of 2021, extending the marque’s negative sales performance as a result of lower supply of units caused by the ongoing semiconductor shortage. As such, the decline during Q4 2021 represents the second consecutive quarterly decline for Cadillac in China, following the nine percent drop in Q3 2021. It’s worth noting that the declines during Q4 and Q3 2021 follow a full year of healthy growth for the luxury marque in the Chinese market.
Although Cadillac does not share model-specific figures for the Chinese market, the general data shared by Cadillac’s parent company shows that two models were most affected by the global shortage of components: the Cadillac XT5 and XT4 crossovers. The two models are typically Cadillac’s best-sellers in China.
Meanwhile, the CT5 sedan managed to continue its strong commercial performance in the Chinese market, being the brand’s best-selling model during both the fourth quarter and all of 2021, marking the first time the sedan has led the marque’s sales during a complete calendar year.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac China sales for Q4 2020, unless noted otherwise
- Cadillac China sales figures represent retail sales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Cadillac sales results for Q4 2021:
- Cadillac sales Q4 2021 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac China sales Q4 2021 (this page)
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales October 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales November 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales December 2021
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales October 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales November 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales December 2021
Interesting to see the CT5 doing so well in China, considering the tepid response it has gotten in America. To me, I like its looks in general except for the odd looking window setup at the transition point above the belt line between the rear door and the body.
Glad to see the Chinese are embracing the CT5. They are non-existent on dealer lots here. Everybody drives a breadbox anyway, so what’s the diff.