Cadillac Canada sales decreased 49.5 percent to 1,852 units during the fourth quarter of 2021.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 sales decreased 54.65 percent to 88 units
- Cadillac CT5 sales decreased 54.23 percent to 146 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- The vehicle was discontinued
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 14.76 percent to 482 units
- Cadillac Escalade ESV sales increased 33.97 percent to 142 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 83.92 percent to 160 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 51.8 percent to 588 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales decreased 37.88 percent to 246 units
- Cadillac XTS sales decreased 100 percent to 0 units
During the complete 2021 calendar year, Cadillac Canada sales increased 7 percent to 13,274 units.
Sales Results - Q4 2021 - Canada - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q4 2021 / Q4 2020||Q4 2021||Q4 2020||YTD 2021 / YTD 2020||YTD 2021||YTD 2020|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac Canada sales experienced another significant decline in the fourth quarter of 2021 as the luxury marque continued to suffer from low inventory levels caused by the ongoing global semiconductor shortage. In fact, the 49.5 percent decline experienced during the fourth quarter represents Cadillac’s second consecutive quarterly decline in the Canadian market after the 27 percent drop in Q3 2021.
Most of Cadillac’s models posted double-digit declines during the quarter, including the crossover lineup that saw substantial drops due to a shortage of components. As such, the Cadillac XT5 lost its typically-held position as the marque’s best-selling model during the fourth quarter, a first for the nameplate in the Canadian market. But thanks to strong sales performance during the first two quarters of the 2021 calendar year, the XT5 was able to remain the most popular Cadillac model during the complete 2021 calendar year.
The Cadillac Escalade was the only model that posted an increase in sales volume during the fourth quarter of 2021, with healthy increases of 14.7 for the regular-length model and a 34 percent increase for the extended-length Escalade ESV. Together, sales of both Escalade models totaled 624 units in Q4, making the full-size luxury SUV the best-selling Cadillac model during the quarter.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Canada sales for Q4 2020, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Cadillac sales results for Q4 2021:
- Cadillac sales Q4 2021 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2021 (this page)
- Cadillac China sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales October 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales November 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales December 2021
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales October 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales November 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales December 2021