Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 53 percent to 75 units in December 2021 compared to December 2020.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac CT5 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 42.73 percent to 63 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 61.54 percent to 10 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 92 percent to 2 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- The Cadillac CT6 was never offered in Mexico
During the 2021 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales increased 51 percent to 1,220 units.
Sales Results - December 2021 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||DEC 2021 / DEC 2020||DECEMBER 2021||DECEMBER 2020||YTD 2021 / YTD 2020||YTD 2021||YTD 2020|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac Mexico sales posted another notably drop in December, following the negative performance in November 2021 that represented the brand’s first drop after 11 consecutive months of growth in the Latin American country. December’s performance represents two consecutive months of decreased sales for Cadillac in the Mexican market as a result of constrained inventory at dealers caused by the ongoing semiconductor shortage.
Every utility vehicle Cadillac currently offers in Mexico suffered double-digit declines in December. As the primary driver of Cadillac sales, the Escalade full-size SUV registered its second consecutive decline in the Mexican market, interrupting the marque’s exponential growth in 2021.
Meanwhile, the Cadillac XT4 and XT5 continued to see drops in sales volume. Both crossovers have been substantially impacted by the ongoing supply chain crisis, which has kept their production idled for several months in 2021. The circumstance is further exacerbated by an already-limited lineup within each model range, as Cadillac limits the amount of trim levels offered on its vehicles in Mexico.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in December 2020, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Cadillac sales results for Q4 2021:
- Cadillac sales Q4 2021 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac China sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales October 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales November 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales December 2021
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales Q4 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales October 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales November 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales December 2021