Cadillac Mexico sales decreased three percent to 119 units in June 2023 compared to June 2022.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac CT5 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 1.27 percent to 78 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 33.33 percent to 16 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 25 percent to 25 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
During the first six months of the 2023 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 19 percent to 596 units.
Sales Results - June 2023 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||JUN 2023 / JUN 2022||JUNE 2023||JUNE 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The Cadillac Society Take
The slight decline in Cadillac Mexico sales in June extends the marque’s negative behavior in the Latin country. In fact, June represents the sixth consecutive month during which Cadillac Mexico sales have been in the red. It’s worth noting, however, that Cadillac’s lineup in Mexico is limited, comprised of three utility vehicles – the XT4, XT5 and Escalade. In other words, the XT6, CT4, and CT5 are not offered in the local market.
The setback was the result of a reduction in volume of the Cadillac XT4. The compact crossover dropped eight units year-over-year, tipping the scales to the negative side. In addition, the Cadillac Escalade lost momentum after the notable volume recovery experienced in May in Mexico. Even so, deliveries of the full-size luxury SUV were only one unit lower compared to the same month in 2022.
For its part, the Cadillac XT5 was the only model to post an uptick in sales in June. Not only did sales improve for the month, but they did so for the year-to-date total as well. This, however, did not have a major impact on the brand’s overall volume due to the low sales levels of the XT5 in Mexico.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in June 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Cadillac sales results for Q2 2023