Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 14 percent to 115 units in April 2023 compared to April 2022.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac CT5 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 25 percent to 69 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales increased 21.05 percent to 23 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales were flat at 23 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
During the first four months of the 2023 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 25 percent to 350 units.
Sales Results - April 2023 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||APR 2023 / APR 2022||APRIL 2023||APRIL 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The Cadillac Society Take
April represents the fourth consecutive month during which Cadillac Mexico sales were in the red, deepening the marque’s negative performance in the Latin country. The good news is that last month’s 115 deliveries represent a significant recovery in Cadillac sales volume in Mexico, while also being the highest monthly volume for the marque so far during the 2023 calendar year.
The drop in Cadillac Mexico sales was marked by lower volumes of the best-selling Cadillac Escalade. The luxurious full-size SUV has yet to recover its usual sales volume due to lower availability of units in the Mexican market. But despite being in the red, the Escalade did see a recovery in cumulative deliveries from the previous months.
The only Cadillac model to be in the green in April was the XT4, posting higher figures both in April and in the first four months of the 2023 calendar year. However, the small crossover sells in low volumes in Mexico, meaning that the improvement translated to only three additional units during the month and almost 30 during the first four months of the year.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in April 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results