Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 14 percent to 127 units in May 2023 compared to May 2022.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac CT5 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 5.43 percent to 97 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 53.33 percent to 14 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 36 percent to 16 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
During the first five months of the 2023 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 22 percent to 477 units.
Sales Results - May 2023 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||MAY 2023 / MAY 2022||MAY 2023||MAY 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac Mexico sales continued on a negative trajectory with the newfound contraction in May, when the luxury brand sold 20 units less than during the same month a year ago. In fact, last month’s performance represents the fifth consecutive month that Cadillac Mexico sales have been in the red. Despite this, the 127 deliveries recorded in May is the highest monthly sales volume the marque has experienced so far this year.
Unlike in all prior months, the decline in Cadillac Mexico sales in May was not driven by a drop in the Cadillac Escalade but rather by a steeper rate of decline in sales of its crossovers. Taken together, the Cadillac XT and XT5 suffered a reduction of 25 cumulative deliveries year-over-year, tipping the balance to the negative side. However, both models are in the green thus far during the first five months of the 2023 calendar year.
The Cadillac Escalade, meanwhile, experienced a significant volume recovery that allowed it to further consolidate its position as the brand’s best-selling model in Mexico. In particular, the Escalade’s 97 deliveries represent the model’s highest monthly sales performance so far this year.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in May 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Cadillac sales results for Q2 2023