Cadillac sales in the United States increased 55 percent to 36,129 units during the second quarter of 2021.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 sales increased 289.68 percent to 2,303 units
- Cadillac CT5 sales decreased 4.82 percent to 2,451 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 87.39 percent to 104 units
- The vehicle was discontinued
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 38.7 percent to 103 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 120.34 percent to 10,874 units
- Escalade ESV sales are included in this line item
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 36.85 percent to 2,512 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 82.83 percent to 10,573 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales increased 73.11 percent to 7,151 units
During the first six months of the 2021 calendar year, U.S. Cadillac sales increased 37 percent to 73,406 units.
Sales Results - Q2 2021 - USA - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q2 2021 / Q2 2020||Q2 2021||Q2 2020||YTD 2021 / YTD 2020||YTD 2021||YTD 2020|
The Cadillac Society Take
U.S. Cadillac sales posted a significant double-digit increase during the second quarter of 2021, when the marque’s sales volume grew by a substantial 55 percent over the same period in 2020. In fact, this healthy growth represents the third consecutive quarter of year-on-year growth in Cadillac sales in the U.S. market after a six percent increase in Q4 2020 and 23 percent in Q1 2021.
The overwhelmingly positive performance for the marque during the second quarter was driven by the excellent performance of the all-new 2021 Cadillac Escalade. The full-size luxury SUV posted a massive 120 percent growth in sales volume, remaining the marque’s best-selling model for the second consecutive quarter. In doing so, the Escalade has also displaced the XT5 as the best-selling Cadillac, after doing that during the first quarter of 2021.
In addition, sales of the new Cadillac CT4 increased by 290 percent, while the XT5 and XT6 crossovers also saw significant increases year-over-year.
The only models in Cadillac’s current product portfolio that posted declines in sales volume during Q2 2021 were the CT5 and XT4, both of which were affected by production downtime at their respective manufacturing plants due to the ongoing semiconductor shortage that has hit manufacturers on a global level.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to U.S. Cadillac sales for Q2 2020, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Q2 2021 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q2 2021 USA (this page)
- Cadillac Canada sales Q2 2021
- Cadillac China sales Q2 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q2 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales April 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales May 2021
- Cadillac South Korea sales June 2021
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q2 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales Q2 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales April 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales May 2021
- Cadillac Russia sales June 2021