Cadillac South Korea sales decreased 12.5 percent to 1,499 units during the complete 2020 calendar year.
Individual model sales performance in last year was as follows:
- Cadillac CT4 sales totaled 27 units
- Cadillac CT5 sales totaled 93 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales increased 39.24 percent to 731 units
- The vehicle was been discontinued
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 92.38 percent to 17 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being indirectly replaced by the CT5 on the low end
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 1.98 percent to 309 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 66.95 percent to 197 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales totaled 125 units
Sales Results - December 2020 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||DEC 2020 / DEC 2019||DECEMBER 2020||DECEMBER 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac South Korea sales decreased significantly during the 2020 calendar year. In this way, the luxury marque accumulates two consecutive years of being in the red in the South Korean market. Cadillac’s last positive annual performance in South Korea was in 2018, when it registered a healthy increase of 4.6 percent selling a total of 2,101 units. Unlike in 2019, the drop for the 2020 calendar year was caused by logistical problems caused by COVID-19 in the auto industry and around the world.
As such, Cadillac South Korea’s negative performance in 2020 was driven by the drastic drop in sales of the XT5 – which was the brand’s best-selling model in 2019, along with the significant loss in sales volume of the discontinued ATS and CTS. By contrast, the Cadillac CT6 had its best performance during the last two years in the South Korean market, regaining the position of the best-selling Cadillac in that market, a title it first won in 2018.
Additionally, the new Cadillac CT4, CT6 and XT6 posted their first sales figures in South Korea. The models’ local launch was interrupted by the pandemic.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac South Korea sales in 2019 calendar year, unless noted otherwise
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- 2020 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales 2020 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales 2020
- Cadillac China sales 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales 2020 (this page)
- Cadillac Mexico sales 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales Q4 2020