Cadillac China sales increased 7.9 percent to 230,527 units during the complete 2020 calendar year.
Cadillac does not provide individual sales performance of its vehicles in China, but we do have the following information:
- Over the past year, the marque set a new sales record in China, further solidifying China as Cadillac’s biggest volume market
- The Cadillac XT5 regained its position as the brand’s best-selling model in 2020
- The XT5 and XT4 are Cadillac’s most popular models in China
Sales Results - Q4 2020 - China - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q4 2020 / Q4 2019||Q4 2020||Q4 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
Cadillac China sales posted a record of over 230,000 deliveries during the 2020 calendar year, surging 7.9 percent compared to 2019. The brand’s solid growth in the Chinese market was spearheaded by the brand’s family of utility vehicles – the XT4, XT5 and XT6 – whose combined sales grew 40.3 percent from a year earlier.
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, this remarkable performance allowed China to continue as Cadillac’s largest volume market in the world for the fourth consecutive year. The marque continued to elevate its position and popularity among Chinese customers, who have an overwhelmingly positive perception of its great and rich historical heritage.
In addition, with the introduction of the CT4 luxury sedan, Cadillac now has its strongest portfolio ever in China to compete in the steadily growing luxury vehicle segment.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac China sales for 2019 calendar year, unless noted otherwise
- Cadillac China sales figures represent retail sales