Cadillac sales totaled 39,739 new vehicles in the second quarter of 2019 in the U.S. market, an increase of 1.32 percent compared to Q2 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 90 percent to 371 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 7.4 percent to 2,443 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5 on the low end and Cadillac CT6 on the high end
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 23 percent to 1,862 units
- Cadillac XTS sales increased 46.2 percent to 5,359 units
- Cadillac tells us that XTS deliveries shot up due to increased fleet sales
- The XTS is set to be discontinued in October 2019
- Cadillac XT4 sales totaled 7,080 units
- Cadillac claims that the XT4 became the best-selling vehicle in its segment during the quarter
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 23 percent to 13,118 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales totaled 74 units
- The first units of the new three-row luxury crossover started arriving at dealers at the very end of June
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 2.31 percent to 9,432 units
- Cadillac no longer provides a breakout of Escalade sales by body style (regular vs. ESV)
- The results include regular-length Escalade sales as well as extended-length Cadillac Escalade ESV sales
Sales were flat flat at 75,734 units during the first six months of 2019.
Sales Results - Q2 2019 - USA - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q2 2019 / Q2 2018||Q2 2019||Q2 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The Cadillac Society Take
The second quarter of 2019 was a mixed bag for Cadillac sales. While the ATS and CTS have been discontinued and are in the process of being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5, series production of the CT5 has not yet begun. In addition, the all-new Cadillac CT4 will arrive earlier in 2020 to give Cadillac an entry into the luxury C-car segment. The transitionary period diminishes Cadillac’s sedan sales volume.
In the large sedan space, Cadillac CT6 were rather concerning. but they were offset by those of the XTS. Cadillac tells us that XTS sales jumped as much as they did as a result of higher fleet deliveries.
On utilities front, the Cadillac XT4 recorded 7,080 deliveries during its second quarter on sale in the U.S. Meanwhile, sales of the XT5 fell by 3,927 units – concerning results for Cadillac’s best-selling model. Luckily, a refreshed XT5 is coming in the very near future, which should result in an uptick in XT5 sales volume. In addition, the Cadillac XT6 – which started arriving at dealers at the very end of the second quarter – managed to squeeze in 74 deliveries. Finally, Cadillac Escalade sales fell 2.3 percent to 9,432 units. An all-new Escalade is coming for the 2021 model year.
About The Numbers
- There were 77 selling days in Q2 2019 and 77 selling days in Q2 2018
More Cadillac Sales
- Second quarter 2019 Cadillac salesÂ results:
- Cadillac USA Q2 2019 salesÂ results
- Cadillac Canada Q2 2019 salesÂ results
- Cadillac China Q2 2019 sales results
- Cadillac South Korea Q2 2019 sales results:
- Cadillac South Korea AprilÂ 2019 sales results
- Cadillac South Korea MayÂ 2019 sales results
- Cadillac South Korea JuneÂ 2019 sales results
- Cadillac Mexico Q2 2019 sales results:
- Cadillac Mexico AprilÂ 2019 sales results
- Cadillac Mexico MayÂ 2019 sales results
- Cadillac Mexico JuneÂ 2019 sales results
The sales drop for the XT5 was expected as soon as the XT4 arrived. But even so, the YTD difference between 2018 and 2019 is much less than the new XT4 sales, so both are doing well. The Escalade sales will drop with the new XT6, but not by much either. So all “XT” sales alone makes up over 53% of total Cadillac sales.
How many CTS V-Sports with the 3.6 Twin Turbo were manufactured in the U.S. in 2019? Your response is deeply appreciated.
Cadillac Society Subscriber,
Great question. Unfortunately, the data is not readily available… but I can do some digging for you. If/when I find something from Cadillac directly, I’ll let you know here.
Thanks for being a reader and subscriber!
Thank you very much Alex. Looking forward to your response.
aka Kid Cadillac