Cadillac South Korea sales increased 11 percent to 158 units in June 2019 compared to June 2018.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 69.23 percent to 4 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5
- Cadillac CTS sales increased 80 percent to 18 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced by the all-new Cadillac CT5 on the low end and Cadillac CT6 on the high end
- Cadillac CT6 sales increased 2.94 percent to 35 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Korea
- Cadillac XT5 sales increased 7.94 percent to 68 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 50 percent to 33 units
- The Cadillac XTS and Escalade ESV are not offered in South Korea
In the first six months of 2019, Cadillac Korea sales increased a slight 0.71 percent to 848 units.
Sales Results - June 2019 - South Korea - Cadillac
|MODEL||JUN 2019 / JUN 2018||JUNE 2019||JUNE 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The Cadillac Society Take
Four of the five models that Cadillac currently offers in South Korea saw their sales increase last month, with the exception of the ATS, which has being discontinued. The Cadillac CTS is also being discontinued, but it managed to post an uptick in sales volume during the quarter.
It’s worth noting that June was the only month during the second quarter that Cadillac South Korea sales saw an increase. The results follow a 9 percent drop in May and a 13 percent drop in April.
Cadillac South Kore sales during the first half of the year remain stable thanks to the double-digit increases recorded by the CTS and the Escalade. The new Cadillac XT4 has not yet been introduced in the South Korean market, and we expect it to arrive during the second half of 2019, at which point it should become a strong seller for the brand in Korea.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Korea June 2018 sales, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales