Cadillac sales in the United States decreased 41.4 percent to 23,295 units during the second quarter of 2020.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 87.6 percent to 46 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 93.1 percent to 168 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued and is being replaced indirectly by the Cadillac CT5
- Cadillac CT4 sales totaled 591 units
- Cadillac CT5 sales totaled 2,575 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales decreased 55.7 percent to 825 units
- The vehicle has been discontinued
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 47.7 percent to 4,935 units
- That total includes Escalade and Escalade ESV sales
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 43.8 percent to 5,162 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 55.9 percent to 5,783 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales totaled 4,131 units
- Cadillac XTS sales decreased 95.1 percent to 264 units
During the first six months of the 2020 calendar year, U.S. Cadillac sales decreased 29.2 percent to 53,621 units.
Sales Results - Q2 2020 - USA - Cadillac
|MODEL||Q2 2020 / Q2 2019||Q2 2020||Q2 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
U.S. Cadillac sales decreased significantly during the second quarter of 2020. The results represent three consecutive quarters of sales volume declines for the luxury brand in the US market, with the last positive result being the 7.2 percent growth registered in Q3 of 2019. In fact, the sales volume contraction in Q2 2020 was worse than that seen during the first quarter due to idled U.S. vehicle production in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
As a result, the vast majority of Cadillac models suffered drastic sales declines during the second quarter except for the XT6, which shows an impressive 5,481 percent increase in sales on a year-over-year basis. The jump in sales is explained by the fact that the three-row crossover registered its first 74 deliveries during Q2 2019, prior to its full-scale launch in the following quarter. Meanwhile, the Cadillac XT5 remained Cadillac’s best-selling model despite a strong decline.
Q2 2020 was also the second quarter in which the new Cadillac CT5 was available for sale, though tight inventories and restrictions stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic saw deliveries of the new sedan drop from 3,000 units in Q1 to 2,575 units in Q2. Additionally, the all-new Cadillac CT4 recorded 591 deliveries in its first full quarter on sale.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to U.S. Cadillac sales for Q2 2019, except if noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- First quarter 2020 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q2 2020 USA (this page)
- Cadillac Canada sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac China sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales April 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales May 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales June 2020
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales April 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales May 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales June 2020