Cadillac Russia sales decreased 45 percent to 34 units in May 2020 compared to May 2019.
- Note: the reporting of sales figures for the Russian market were delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac CT6 sales totaled 3 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 83.33 percent to 6 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales have not yet commenced in Russia
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 38.46 percent to 16 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales totaled 9 units
During the first five months of the 2020 calendar year, Cadillac Russia sales increased 20 percent to 412 units.
Sales Results - May 2020 - Russia - Cadillac
|MODEL||MAY 2020 / MAY 2019||MAY 2020||MAY 2019||YTD 2020 / YTD 2019||YTD 2020||YTD 2019|
The Cadillac Society Take
The steep drop in May is the second consecutive decrease in Cadillac Russia sales, affected by the trade restrictions imposed over the coronavirus. May’s figures represent a slight improvement over April’s performance, when sales contracted 67 percent to only 26 deliveries – its lowest sales figure in recent years. Even so, the year-to-date sales in the first five months of the year are positive due to large sales gains made during the first quarter of 2020, prior to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Cadillac’s highest-volume models in Russia – the Escalade and XT5 – saw sales decline in May. The Escalade was particularly hit the hardest. Meanwhile, the XT5 becomes the brand’s best seller, both in May as well as during the first five months of the year, where it still presented positive figures due to the healthy reception of the 2020 model year refresh. For its part, the launch of the new XT6 in the Russian market, which started in February, has been impacted by the coronavirus, with the three-row luxury crossover seeing 9 deliveries during the month of May.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Russia sales in May 2019, unless noted otherwise
- Russia sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- First quarter 2020 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q2 2020 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac China sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales April 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales May 2020
- Cadillac South Korea sales June 2020
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales Q2 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales April 2020
- Cadillac Russia sales May 2020 (this page)
- Cadillac Russia sales June 2020