Heated and ventilated seats have been reintroduced to the 2022 Cadillac CT5, Cadillac Society has learned.
As of May 1st production, all units of the CT5 that are normally equipped with heated and ventilated seats have the features included, as the ongoing microchip shortage allows. The heated and vented seats were previously restricted as of March 14th production.
Under normal circumstances, heated front seats (production code KA1) have the following availability per trim level:
- Luxury: included in optional Cold Weather Package (production code Y19)
- Premium Luxury: included as part of the optional Platinum Package (production code PCJ) or optional Climate Package (production code Y6F)
- Sport: included as part of the optional Platinum Package, Cold Weather Package, or Climate Package
Typically, ventilated front seats (production code KU9) have the following availability:
- Luxury: not available
- Premium Luxury: included in the optional Platinum Package or optional Climate Package
- Sport: included in the optional Platinum Package or optional Climate Package
Units of the Cadillac CT5 that were built without the aforementioned features are marked as such on their window stickers. Cadillac has indicated that affected vehicles would be eligible to have the features retrofitted at a later time as the microchip shortage situation allows.
It should be noted that ventilated seat blower motors are still under constraint for the Cadillac CT5. In addition, the heated steering wheel was also briefly unavailable on the Cadillac CT5, but the feature was recently reintroduced.
As a reminder, the 2022 Cadillac CT5 350T is powered by the turbocharged 2.0L I4 (production code LSY), rated at 237 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. This engine is standard on the Luxury, Premium Luxury, and Sport trim levels. The twin-turbo 3.0L V6 (production code LGY) is optional on the CT5 Premium Luxury, where it makes 335 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque, while wearing the 550T badge on the decklid.
Subscribe to Cadillac Society to stay in the know on the latest Cadillac CT5 news and an endless stream of Cadillac news coverage. We also invite you to join the latest conversation in our Cadillac forums and Cadillac CT5 forum.