Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 25 percent to 84 units in July 2023 compared to July 2022.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 16.46 percent to 66 units
- Cadillac XT4 sales decreased 33.33 percent to 10 units
- Cadillac XT5 sales decreased 55.56 percent to 8 units
- Cadillac XT6 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac CT4 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
- Cadillac CT5 sales have not yet commenced in Mexico
During the first seven months of the 2023 calendar year, Cadillac Mexico sales decreased 20 percent to 680 units.
Sales Results - July 2023 - Mexico - Cadillac
|MODEL||JUL 2023 / JUL 2022||JULY 2023||JULY 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
The Cadillac Society Take
The notable drop in Cadillac Mexico sales in July further deepens the marque’s negative behavior in the Latin country, where it has already accumulated seven consecutive months of being in the red. It’s worth noting that for over two years, Cadillac has only sold three utility vehicles in Mexico, which has limited its presence and sales volume in the local market. Additionally, local supply seems to be an afterthought, as Cadillac prioritizes supplying the U.S. market.
In July, each of the three Cadillac models offered in Mexico suffered double-digit drops, with the Cadillac Escalade being the most significant. The full-size luxury SUV saw a volume reduction of 13 units year-over-year, continuing to lose momentum from previous months and resulting in an increase in the brand’s overall rate of decline. Additionally, the Cadillac XT5 saw the second highest reduction during the month, with 10 fewer deliveries.
The all-new Cadillac Lyriq was recently launched in Mexico and will begin sales during the third quarter of the year. The all-electric crossover is expected to give Cadillac a new boost in the Mexican market, especially in terms of brand image. However, the vehicle is currently produced in small quantities, so its impact to the sales total will likely be minimal in the near-term future.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac Mexico sales in July 2022, unless noted otherwise
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac news
- Running Cadillac sales results
- Cadillac sales results for Q3 2023
- Cadillac sales Q3 2023 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2023
- Cadillac China sales Q3 2023
- Cadillac Mexico sales Q3 2023
- Cadillac Mexico sales July 2023 (this page)
- Cadillac Mexico sales August 2022
- Cadillac Mexico sales September 2023