Home » 2010-2016 Cadillac SRX Recalled For Faulty Suspension Toe Link

2010-2016 Cadillac SRX Recalled For Faulty Suspension Toe Link

2010-2016 Cadillac SRX Recalled For Faulty Suspension Toe Link

Cadillac’s parent company, General Motors, has issued a recall for the Cadillac SRX to address a possible issue with the rear suspension toe links.

The problem: affected units of the Cadillac SRX were equipped with an adjustable rear toe link that may not have been tightened properly at the factory. The condition could cause the toe link to become loose.

The hazards: if the toe links become loose, the issue could illuminate the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) on the gauge cluster. Drivers may notice abnormal handling and steering behavior while the vehicle is in motion, increasing the risk of involvement in a crash.

The fix: a dealership technician will replace the adjustable toe links with a non-adjustable version. This will prevent any future possibility of the toe links coming loose. Repairs will be performed at no cost to Cadillac SRX owners.

Affected components: suspension / rear adjustable toe links.

Affected vehicles: 2010-2016 Cadillac SRX.

Number of affected vehicles: Cadillac has indicated that a total of 380,498 vehicles may be at risk for loose toe links.

Next steps: owners of affected units will be contacted by mail and should expect to receive a letter with instructions about how to make an appointment with their dealer for repairs. The notification letters will be sent out the week of August 9th, 2021.  Owners can also input their vehicle’s VIN at my.cadillac.com/recalls to find out if a particular SRX is affected. Additionally, owners may reach out to Cadillac or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration directly with any questions they may have, as per the contact info below.

Contacts:

• Recall Number: N212340980
  • NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V473000
  • Cadillac Customer Service: 1-877-248-2080

Be sure to subscribe to Cadillac Society for more Cadillac SRX news and continuous Cadillac news coverage. We also invite you to join the latest discussions in our Cadillac forums.

Written by
Alexandra is a Colorado-based journalist with a passion for all things involving horsepower, be it automotive or equestrian.

14 Comments

1. When can I expect to have my 2015 SRX recall repaired?

2. Can you tell me approximately how long or how much time is allotted for a mechanic to replace my rear toe links? I’m hoping it isn’t an all day process. Thank you.

3. Hi all just had this recall done with the new non adjustable toe links and I’m experiencing issues. Before the replacement my SRX drove like a tank very stiff but I felt very safe in it. Now with the new toe links it seems to have more of a loose feeling very agile but seems more dangerous. Has anyone been experiencing any like problems. Thanks

• Yes………I have had the same problem. Now the dealer is saying that I need additional work done to the tune of 2500.00. WTF

4. I had the non adjustable tow links installed by dealership. When I got the car the steering wheel was not centered. A few days later they performed a wheel alignment which corrected the steering wheel but noted that top of the wheels are leaning inward and going to wear out tires due to non adjustable links. Dealer said don’t know what the fix is. Putting adjustable links back.

• I too had the same problem after three trips to dealer ended up spending $700 to have after market toe links installed and aligned

• Where did you buy the adjustable ones? Our SRX had the recall replacements put on and I just had to replace the two rear tires due to this Freaking crap they put on our car. I need to go back as quickly as possible since I just replaced the tires.

• I have the same problem with my rear tires wearing on the inside after replacement of toe link. They didn’t align it after repair. My tires sit toe out which causes inside wear on the tires which I looked up. I believe my that’s the problem?

5. Has anyone else had issues with their car swaying after having the latest recall done which was regarding the adjustable tow links? We have winter studded tires and have never had an issue driving our car in the winter. Now we are afraid to drive it because of this issue. Where the recall work was done is just over an hour away but with the way the car is preforming we likely wouldn’t make it. Either in a snow bank or worse.

• Me exactly! got it repaired yesterday. I live in Colorado dealer is an hour away….now the car is so scary I am taking right back to the dealer tomorrow but wondering what you did to fix?

6. Just had the toe links replaced. My wife is taking the car back because of issues. You can’t drive the car in any amount of snow because the car just fish tails down the road (that has never happened). My wife gets car sick because any little bump in the road you are moving left to right in the seat. My 2006 silverado 2500HD rides better then this car. This car is no longer a luxury car! Has anyone found an answer?

7. I am having the same issues with my car. I get the fish tailing. Basically the rear is ‘loose’ when I am going around curves as well as braking while in a curve. Very unnerving. Was told by GM dealer that it was the first time that anyone had an issue after the new toe link was installed. Blamed the car and mileage. Of course, my car was riding and performing perfectly prior to the Toe link replacement. They said that I now need 2 rear upper control arms and outer bushings. Also 2 front control arm bushings and a new alignment. Reasoning was that these parts were ‘worn out’ so when the ‘new’ toe link was installed it brought the worn out parts to the forefront and they are failing. Total 2667.95 (plus tax). I have since started experiencing other issue unrelated in theory to the recall but suspiciously they all started happening after they serviced my car. The estimates for the remaining repairs are now approaching 11k. I am taking my car to a private shop for a HONEST evaluation.

• Had recall done and was not done correctly and ruined my new tires.had it back to dealer 3 times they say that it is fixed but don’t want to replace the tires I am out allot of money since I can’t run my car because the cords are showing!!!

• My SRX has the same issues. Had the recall done in February. We just noticed the bald rear tires. After buying a new set of tires the mechanic said it was way out of line but cannot be adjusted during alignment because of the non adjustable toe links. Dealer says bring it in so they can see it. And ruin my $1200 set of tires?? Ordering adjustable toe links.