Last week, we showed you first-ever pictures of the never-before-seen 2019 Cadillac CT6 Sport soaking up the sun as it roamed the streets of Metro Detroit, and today we caught up to a refreshed CT6 in the Premium Luxury trim level.
On the 2019 CT6, the Premium Luxury model resides in the middle trim in Cadillac’s new “Y trim level” hierarchy. The trim structure starts with the base trim called Luxury, on which higher-end models like Premium Luxury, Platinum Sport and V-Sport build in terms of equipment and appearance. More specifically:
- Premium Luxury models deliver higher levels of equipment, along with bright exterior body accents
- Platinum retains the bright body accents of the Premium Luxury trim, while adding more features and equipment
- Sport models deliver higher levels of equipment along with blacked-out or body-color accents
- V-Sport builds on the blacked-out and body-color accents of the Sport trim, while adding more performance enhancements such as the new Cadillac 4.2L Twin-Turbo V-8 engine and specific suspension tuning
This specific example is equipped with the 3.6L naturally-aspirated V6 engine (production code LGX), a 10-speed transmission and AWD, while wearing the Crystal White Tricoat hue (an extra-charge color).
The front end features Cadillac’s new forward-looking design philosophy introduced by the Cadillac Escala Concept. On the CT6, that translates to:
- Redesigned headlamps with new horizontal lighting elements joining the previously-existing vertical lighting signatures
- New grille with bright accents with a galvano surround
- New lower fascia, consisting of decorative inserts below the headlamps and a trapezoidal fascia in the center
Notably, these changes also bring along a new hood.
This white pearl is riding on 19-inch Multi-Spoke alloy wheels with a Sterling Silver finish (production code RT9). The wheels carry over from the pre-facelift CT6.
This model’s bright window surround is unique to Luxury, Premium Luxury and Platinum models, as is the bright body side trim (on the lower portion of the doors).
Like the front end, the rear of the 2019 Cadillac CT6 Premium Luxury features Cadillac’s new design language, as the all-LED taillights gain a new horizontal element to join the existing vertical lighting signature. The all-new taillights also see a redesigned decklid and rear bumper cover.
The 3.6L and AWD badges, quad exhaust outlets, and center high-mounted stop lamp at the top end of the rear window remain the same as on the pre-facelift model.