Home » 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Production Numbers By Color And Transmission

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Production Numbers By Color And Transmission

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Production Numbers By Color And Transmission

The Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing made its debut for the 2022 model year, harnessing a supercharged powerhouse primed to deliver ultra-high performance on both the track and the street. Below, Cadillac Society lays out production numbers for the super sedan’s first model year, right down to exterior color and transmission type. 

Overall, 10,574 units of the 2022 Cadillac CT5 range rolled off the assembly line at the Cadillac Lansing Grand River plant in Michigan. Of those, just 1,763 units of the CT5-V Blackwing were assembled for the 2022 model year.

Of the 1,763 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing units produced, just 770 featured the standard Tremec-sourced six-speed manual transmission, or 43.7 percent. The remaining 993 units, or 56.3 percent, were fitted with the optional 10-speed automatic transmission.

An examination of the exterior color choices reveals that the most popular color for the 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing was Black Raven (production code GBA). This hue adorned 578 units, accounting for 32.3 percent of the total production. Summit White (production code GAZ) was the runner-up, applied to 231 units, or 13.1 percent. Rift Metallic (production code GRW), Electric Blue (production code GMO) and Shadow Metallic (production code GSK) rounded out the top five most popular color choices, each accounting for less than 10 percent of total production. Blaze Orange Metallic (production code GED) was the least sought-after option, with just 74 units wearing this color, or 4.2 percent. 

The table below reveals the popularity of 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing exterior colors:

2022 Cadillac Blackwing Sedan Production Numbers - Exterior Colors
Colors Color Code Units Percentage
Black Raven GBA 578 32.8%
Summit White GAZ 231 13.1%
Rift Metallic GRW 157 8.9%
Electric Blue GMO 154 8.7%
Shadow Metallic GSK 127 7.2%
Infrared Tintcoat GSK 122 6.9%
Wave Metallic GKK 108 6.1%
Satin Steel Metallic G9K 108 6.1%
Dark Emerald Metallic G7W 104 5.9%
Blaze Orange Metallic GED 74 4.2%
Total Built 1763 100.0%

No matter the exterior color, all Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing super sedans cradle the supercharged 6.2L V8 engine (production code LT4) under the hood, rated at 668 horses and 659 pound-feet of torque. The model is offered exclusively in rear-wheel-drive.

Want the latest on all things Cadillac? Then subscribe to Cadillac Society to stay in the know on the latest Cadillac CT5 news, CT5-V Blackwing news and a lot more Cadillac news coverage. We also invite you to join the latest discussions in our Cadillac forums, including our Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing forum.

Written by
Alexandra is a Colorado-based journalist with a passion for all things involving horsepower, be it automotive or equestrian.

1 Comment

  1. FINALLY ! A good article about Blackwings that we can use, instead of sales numbers in China and Mexico.
    ****Next article should be about what countries had Blackwings shipped to.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.

Sign Up